peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Lifestyle 28 II sudenly "dead"

Hello there,

my lifestyle after 15 years great job sudenly did not start well. Instead of words "Lifestyle System" comes random letters/numbers with spaces ( eg.  L  rk  3 )  . I tried three times your basic reset with unplugging Media center and Acoustimass module. It's obvious power is on , Acoustimass module flashing and  Media ceneter giving those nonsence letters. It need some kind of factory reset but that with using Remote is not possible as media center not working....giving output to TV screen.

I appreciate any kind of advice, thank you.

Peter

12 REPLIES 12
Jessie_O

Re: Lifestyle 28 II sudenly "dead"

Hi Peter, 

thank you for reaching out and welcome the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Lifestyle 28 II. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you! 

This seems to be a very strange issue. Did this happen overnight? Or has it slowly deteriorated? 

How do you have your system set up? Do you have any third-party devices connected? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hi Jessie,

sorry for delay (vacation). Anyway despite I marked Email me.....  nothning comes from you.

No, it happened suddenly ... one day I was listening radio, next mornig dead, just strange letters there.

Now after 14 days unplugged device I plug in and results you can see here  >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkaXId9Vj9Y.

I am not sure if  my pressing buttons really affect those changes on display.

Your other questions....I had my system set up before now I cannot do anything as not working and yes I had TV sound connected via optic fiber. Now everything disconnected.

Those flashing letters/number continued even I disconnected Media center from Acoustimass. I mean there is running some kind of "boot" media center but it is corrupted.

I searched over the internet and comes to me like only option with a such dead machine might be restoring firmware ? There is advice as connected dvd player via IDE ( with PC) and reflash firmware. In my situation looks like only option to get back some media center to comunicate or boot in.

Peter

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Vicky_W

Hello peter ce, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As you cannot perform a reset the normal way, I would highly suggest trying these steps to see if they can resolve this issue:

1. Power off your system.
  2. On the system console, press and hold the Enter button to view the system menu on the console display.
  3. While holding the Enter button, repeatedly press the Store button until Flash Commit appears.
  4. Release the Enter button.
  5. Press the Volume + button.
  6. Wait until BOSE LIFESTYLE appears and then disappears from the display.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I was so happy to read your lines because it looks like excatly what I need. Kind of reset after power plug in. Unfortunately I have bad message. It does not work. No atter what I did and how long. I tried plug in console with/without  Acoustimass connected-disconnected (as well as from power). Many times no results. See video unfortunately sound is not working on my old iphone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agBMXrRaM2k

Do you have access/source to original firmware which I might use to reflash Console? If Console is not working from very beginning (power in) it comes to me we don't have many other options.

Thanks 

Peter 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Hector_B

Hi Peter Ce, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that the steps we provided did not resolve this for you and appreciate you attaching this video for us. 

We don't offer the ability to downgrade the firmware as it can bring more issues to the system, as the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that the team wasn't able to resolve this for you via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hello, 

thank you for help.  I already contacted local shop to get console fixed.

I have one more question. Can be replaced AV 18 media center in my Lifestyle 28 II with some other console from higher versions of LIFESTYLE ? If yes which one would be compatible with ? In case price for fixing is too high and I would prefer to buy console on Ebay.

Thank you for advice

Peter 

Vicky_W

Hello Peter ce, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry but you are unable to switch out the midea center to one from another different LifeStyle system, but another of the same media centers will work. 

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hello,

just to be accurate , I can replace my AV 18 media center only by media center which comes from Lifestyle 28 II system, right? On e-bay there are many consoles AV 18 and not history which version of  Lifestyle comes from. Is there any chance how to recognize e.g. by serial number?  One example of media center from e-bay (SER. NO. 041328F71520500AE).

Peter

Jeff_G

Hello Peter ce,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The following systems used the AV18 console: 

LS = Lifestyle

LS28 II

LS 28 III

LS 28IV

LS 35 II

LS 35 III

LS 35 IV

If you can find a console labeled as compatible with one of these systems, you should be okay.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G