Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Lifestyle 28 Series II

For some reason my unit is stuck on 2.0 and I can't get it to go to 5.1.  Any help out there??  Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 28 Series II

Hello Baldbcool, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community.

I'd like to direct you to this page. It gives you information about the settings options on your remote. In particular, the 2-3-5 option which allows you to choose between different speaker selections.

If you have tried the 2-3-5 option and you are still unable to change over to 5.1, can you please confirm what the sources are that you are watching?

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Some of my sources are 2.0 and most are 5.1.  It remains on 2.0.  I have tried the settings and you say the onscreen menu.  Are you talking about the screen on the Bose box or do I need to get it on my TV??  It says speakers >5 with a 3 underneath the 5. 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

You can use both to change the setting. It's a matter of pressing the Settings button on the remote, then pressing the source you want to adjust (for example CBL-SAT) then you can choose between the speaker configurations. You can press the down arrow to switch. I would recommend using 5 VIDEO 5 AUDIO.

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

For some reason it will not go to 5.1.  It is set on TV

It says speakers 5. Surround +6.  Arrow right Speakers>5

TV

PCM: 2.0

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Are you selecting the setting before attempting to adjust?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I hit the settings button first.  Is there another way??

Highlighted

Hey @Baldbcool,

That would be the way to do it! What options do you see when you're within this menu?