Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Lifestyle 28 Upgrade

Yes, I understand my Lifestyle 28 system is old but it still works amazing.  Question I have is, is there a way to connect or link my LS28 system to today's modern Google Assistant products?  Or any connection or devices I can add to speakers to move to wireless or do I have to run wires again through walls of home since I am moving.  Love the system.  DVD and everything work like new and works great with my newer Samsung TV.  Just trying to bring old into the new world.  Love BOSE but also have to be cost-conscious as well. 

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 28 Upgrade

Hey @SwtLew13,

I'm pleased to hear you've had such a great experience with your Lifestyle 28 system! In regards to modernizing your set up, I can't think of a clear way to connect your Lifestyle 28 to Google Assistant - I do apologize if that's an inconvenience.

However, are you looking to stream certain sources of audio from web services or streaming platforms? Or, are you simply look at a way to cut out wires?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

You'll still have to run speaker cables, no getting around that. I am able to control aspects of my Lifestyle 18 Series iii system using an Amazon Echo by having my Lifestyle system controlled by a Harmony universal remote control hub. I can power the unit on and off, select inputs, and adjust the volume all with voice commands.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

A Google home mini with a 3.5mm to RCA connector would work . 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I don't believe any Google Home devices have a 3.5mm output jack.