Lifestyle 28 replacement remote control

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 28 replacement remote control

Hello, my name is Eduardo , im from Brazil, i fix this receiver AV28 from a friend mine but he cant find the remote. I want to know if this receiver (manufactured at 2003 (series I ?) ) was able to receive IR control by native or i need to buy the IR emitter.

I dont know if i understand, but i read that IR emitter is only to control another devices. If my receiver have an INTERNAL IR, how can i turn this on?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Lifestyle 28 replacement remote control

Hi Dufacc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Replacement remotes are available via Customer Support. I would highly recommend getting in touch by clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

The section PARTS / ACCESSORIES was empty, but , before i buy any replacement i would like to know if my receiver have an IR internal receptor.

Thank you

Hi Dufacc, 

That section will be empty. You will need to contact customer support to order this part. This system uses RF rather than IR so the internal receptor would not work. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hello, Hector, thank you for the answer.

The customer support in my country says that this remote control are not available in my country and cant do anything for me.

I hope someone in Bose can help me, i love my sound and want to use it again.

I have skills in eletronics, if have a way to active IR sensor by hardware i can do it with a little help of Bose

Thank you in advanced

Hi dufacc,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

In this instance I would encourage you to look for a third party remote control which will be compatible with your Lifestyle system. 

Any remote controls with the following specs should be suitable;

USA/Canada Variant: 27.145 MHz

International Variant: 40 MHz

I would also like to reinforce that the Lifestyle 28 remote is not an IR operated remote but RF (Radio Frequency).

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for the infos. One more thing please. I trying to find exactly wich model i have but i cant do it. I trying this link :

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/5_speaker_home_theater_support.html

but doesnt work. The error is :

serialNumberProductFinder_overlay_heading

My serial number is :

[Edited]

Thank you

Hi Dufacc,

You have the Lifestyle 28, Series 1. The remote you require for this system is the RC28T1-27, which can be purchased within the USA HERE. As you're currently within Brazil, I encourage you to reach out directly to support in your region HERE to seek additional support.

Kindest,

Andy B

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for the answer. I found an RC28S2-27 (zone 2) to buy, this will work? I don't have any other Bose remote.

Hi Dufacc, 

I wouldn't recommend that remote. The remote that Andy has suggested above would be the best option for this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B