Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Lifestyle 28 subwoofer

I have an old lifestyle 28 system where I've now gone through 3 subwoofers as they stop powering on. Are there alternative compatibility options available as I am not sure I want to spend  $250.00 on another used one where it might stop working again after a few months? 

I have the speakers already installed into the walls so I want to keep the same system. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 28 subwoofer

Hi JefferyA, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your LifeStyle 28 Bass. I'll be happy to help! Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have tried already? 

Do you know which series of LifeStyle 28 you have as this will help me with alternative compatible bass modules?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I am having the same problem with my bass on the same system.

Looking forward to your response on this problem.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot it to the subwoofer.

The media center is playing a CD and sending the audio to the subwoofer with no sound from the speakers.

I also have a secondary CD player that is hooked through the AUX input that also is playing a CD and no sound from the speakers.

I checked the power supply to the subwoofer at the end that plugs into the woofer and there is power there.

My subwoofer Serial Number is  [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Highlighted

Hello c5er99, 

Is there anything connected to the headphone port on the side of the media center? This could explain why there is no sound. If there isn't, please check the power LED on the back of the bass module to see if there are any illuminated. If there are no visible LEDs, try replacing the power cord. If there are LEDs, check to insure the audio cable that connects it to the media center is connected into MAIN, not BOSELINK. If you still have no audio, reach out to local support to seek a replacement audio cable here.

If replacing the audio cable fails to resolve the issue, please get in touch with support again to discuss your options for service. 

Thanks. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thank You for the response

I checked  your suggestions and none of them are the problem.

Does Bose have anything to replace the bass speaker (acoustimass) that is compatible with the system.

Highlighted

Hi C5er99, 

Thanks for coming back to us!

The service options will be region dependant. For the most accurate information, I would recommend reaching out to your local team using the details above. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!