Highlighted
Bogue534
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Lifestyle 35 Series II Issue

I have a Lifestyle 35 Entertainment System with an AV28 Media Center and LSPS Sub Speaker System.  The Media Center Console lights up and shows it is playing (FM, CD, volume, etc.) but no sound.  I have tried unplugging to reboot, and disconnecting and reconnecting the RJ45/8 pin cable between the sub and console.  Once in a while the green light will come on at the RJ45 on the sub input and it will play but only for a while and when I turn the system back on I get no sound again, showing an alternating green/amber light at the RJ45 plug input.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lifestyle 35 Series II Issue

Hi Bogue534,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to hear audio from your Lifestyle 35 II system. 

Could you please confirm if this is all sources, including any connected sources? Or is this just the internal sources such as FM and CD?

I would initially recommend resetting your system. This entails removing power to all components for 30 seconds and then reconnecting.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Bogue534
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Thanks for your response Charlotte.  There is no sound from any internal source, i.e. FM radio, or CD.  I do not have any external sources connected to the system at this time.  I will try another reset and see if I can get sound again, but so far this hasn't worked.  I did get sound again a couple of days ago after unplugging and replugging the cable to the RJ45 jack  at the bottom of the sub a few times and the system played fine the rest of the evening.  However, when I turned it back on yesterday, there was again no sound and so far it has stayed that way.  I will let you know if another reset makes any difference this time.  Thanks, Jim.

Bogue534
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Have tried reset several times over the past several days.  A time or two the system would play but when I turned it off and later turned it back on I wouldn't get any sound although the media center showed it was playing...radio or CD information on the media center panel showing.  I noticed that a green light flashed underneath the bottom of the subwoofer upon initial hookup, but when I hooked up and turned on the media center, there would be alternating amber and green lights flashing at the RJ45 hookup under the sub woofer and no sound.

Hi Bogue534, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue still persists and would love to provide you with some more steps for your system. 

I would firstly recommend that you ensure that there is nothing inside the headphone jack of the system as well as ensuring the correct voltage is selected on your Bass Module if you have the dual voltage version, check that the switch is set to the correct voltage for your area. If you need to adjust the switch, unplug the bass module power cord, change the setting, then reconnect the power cord.

I would also recommend that if you have an optical cable connected to the speaker then please do remove this and retest the system as it is possible that the source is sending a signal that is preventing the system from working properly. If the system works with the optical cable disconnected but does not with the optical cable connected, there may be an issue with the source.

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other community members are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Bogue534
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Thanks for the suggestions Hector.  There is nothing inside the headphone jack, voltage setting is correct, and nothing is connected to the optical input.  There is no other source connected to the media center other than the subwoofer.  Still no sound, but information on the media center screen shows the system is playing, either the radio or CD.  Another person has mentioned that maybe a system update via CD might be needed?

Hi Bogue534, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am really sorry that these steps did not resolve this issue for you and appreciate you attempting them all for me. 

The update CD's for this system were mainly to add more remove codes rather than software fixes, however this may resolve your issue from the bug fixes that are included on the CD. So that you can obtain this CD you will need to get in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that this wasn't something that I could resolve for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Bogue534
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Thanks.  I have contacted the Dealer that I purchased my Lifestyle system from several years ago.  They have also contacted Bose to review the problem and requested a CD Update to try with the system. I've been advised that they should have it in a few days and will let me know.  Once I get the CD, I will try to do an update and see if that corrects the problem.