Bose product name lifestyle 35

Country U.K.

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Samsung Qled tv, Panasonic blu ray player,  Acer multi media player

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce, I want to play the sound from both the Blu-ray and multi media centre through the Lifestyle 35 and the video through the TV. I have hdmi output on both the blu ray and media centre but only RCA on the lifestyle with only one video input.. for the audio aspect, no problems as I have rca to hdmi cables however how do I route the video through?

What environment do you experience the issue in?

In my lounge

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 35 multi connections

Author Accepted Answer selected by TimBM

@TimBM wrote:

Country U.K.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce,

I want to play the sound from both the Blu-ray and multi media centre through the Lifestyle 35 and the video through the TV. I have hdmi output on both the blu ray and media centre but only RCA on the lifestyle with only one video input.. for the audio aspect, no problems as I have rca to hdmi cables however how do I route the video through?

In my lounge

Yes, there are ways to get your DVD based Lifestyle system to work with modern HDTV's. I talk about all your options in this post.

I hope that this answer helps solve your problem. Please get back and let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by TimBM

@TimBM wrote:

Country U.K.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce,

I want to play the sound from both the Blu-ray and multi media centre through the Lifestyle 35 and the video through the TV. I have hdmi output on both the blu ray and media centre but only RCA on the lifestyle with only one video input.. for the audio aspect, no problems as I have rca to hdmi cables however how do I route the video through?

In my lounge

Yes, there are ways to get your DVD based Lifestyle system to work with modern HDTV's. I talk about all your options in this post.

I hope that this answer helps solve your problem. Please get back and let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

TimBM
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Hi all, must have been going through a senior moment or two as the solution was incredibly easy. Connect the blu ray and media player to the TV via hdmi connections then use the optical audio out from the TV to the lifestyle 35 optical audio in socket.

problem now solved except I have a pile of rca to hdmi, hdmi to female hdmi cables and av to hdmi converters laying spare..........

thanks to all for your help.

very impressed!

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@TimBM wrote:

Hi all, must have been going through a senior moment or two as the solution was incredibly easy. Connect the blu ray and media player to the TV via hdmi connections then use the optical audio out from the TV to the lifestyle 35 optical audio in socket.

problem now solved except I have a pile of rca to hdmi, hdmi to female hdmi cables and av to hdmi converters laying spare..........

thanks to all for your help.

very impressed!

Glad I could help 🙂

Out of curiosity, are you getting a 5.1 signal from your Bluray and media player via the TV's optical? If so, could you let us know what TV you have?