cheriturn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

Lifestyle 48 Series III audio input cable connection issue

I have a Lifestyle 48 Series III Home Theater system. Bought it used a couple years ago. From time to time, the sound goes out, and I've narrowed the problem down to either the cable connection or the cable itself, for the audio input cable (the connection between the media center and the Acoustimass unit, pinned on both ends). To get the sound back, I have to lift the cable up, or jiggle it a little bit on the end that is connected to the media center, and can sometimes - but not always - get the sound to come back on. It is very frustrating and happens a lot more lately - we just set up a new entertainment center, and the unit is higher from the floor than it used to be. I think the weight of the cable (although there is no tension on it at all) pulls the connection down just enough that the sound kicks out. Getting really tired of having this problem and I'm thinking I should try replacing the cable to see if that helps. If it doesn't, it might be in the connection itself, in the media center, and if that's the case I'm probably screwed. We love this system and hate to give it up. What are my options??

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lifestyle 48 Series III audio input cable connection issue

Hi Cheriturn,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the audio issues you seem to be having with you LifeStyle 48 Series III.

Great job being able to pinpoint where the issue is! This is certainly very helpful and should point us in the right direction!

I would recommend getting in contact with your local customer support team to obtain a replacement audio input cable. Give this a go, if it is unsuccessful in resolving your issue, the team should be able to give you some advice for the next possible steps. The contact details for the team can be found by pressing the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to ‘Contact Us’. We would love to help!

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please reach out to us again!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support