Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Lifestyle 48 and Soundtouch Wireless Link Adaptor

I have a 2005 Bose Lifestyle 48 and would like to use the system via Bluetooth with Spotify, the music on my Mac Pro (again, via bluetooth).  Can I use the Bose Soundtouch Wireless Link Adaptor connected to the back of my LifeStyle 48 Control Center for this purpose?  

Will I still be able to connect my LG TV as well to my LifeStyle 48 Control Center?

My Lifestyle 48 serial number is:  035417951740635AE

My most sincere thanks to the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 48 and Soundtouch Wireless Link Adaptor

Author Accepted Answer selected by DPD

Hello DPD, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You would be able to use one of the RCA type inputs on the back of the system to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and bring the functionality you require. The AUX input channel would be a good choice.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by DPD

Hello DPD, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You would be able to use one of the RCA type inputs on the back of the system to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and bring the functionality you require. The AUX input channel would be a good choice.

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Thank you, Jeff.  I appreciate your kind and informative response very much, and I am elated I can put my Lifestyle 48 system back to work.  A magnificent sound system.

Daniel

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I also have an older 48 and just purchased a Sound Link Mini Bluetooth Speaker.  Does anyone know if  the wireless Link Adapter can transmit the music from my 48 to the Mini Bluetooth or does it just make the 48 Bluetooth Compatible?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Hey Bob!

That's a great question. The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter will give your system the ability to connect to the SoundTouch app for WiFi audio streaming and also Bluetooth compatibility. When connected to your Lifestyle 48, you can then use a mobile device/computer to connect to your Lifestyle 48 (with the adapter connected) and play your media. However, you will not be able to connect the SoundLink Mini speaker to the Wireless Link Adapter to transmit audio.

I do apologize for any inconvenience - are there any other queries I could help with?