Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amstedammer
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Lifestyle 48 system expansion

Hi all,

I am kindly requesting your help for an 'old school' solution in a large home:

Setup in my neighbours 'home:

LifeStyle 48 wired to an SA3 amp driving 2 type 151 inwall speakers, then wired to an SA2amp  driving 2 type 151 inwall speakers. The LS48, the SA3 and the SA2 have their dedicated remotes (3 in total).

In short, the SA3 receives no signal at all.

The cable between the SA2 and the SA3 is a 'hidden' homebrew cable, installed during wall plastering a few years ago. My suspicion is that the cable has been damaged.

Now, I want to establish a wireless comnnection between the SA2 and the SA3, replacing the damaged cable. My preference is to use Bose components (may also be discontinued products)

What is the best way to here?

I hope my description is clear. Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards from beautiful Edam, the Netherlands!

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Lifestyle 48 system expansion

Hey Amstedammer,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this multi-room setup! I will do all I can to help you!

We don’t have a way to connect the two amplifiers to each other wirelessly. However, I’ll be happy to help to troubleshoot the issue your neighbor is experiencing. Can you tell me if the two amplifiers are linked together (play the same audio) or are designed to be separate rooms (play different audio)? This will give us a really good understanding of which road to go down in regard to troubleshooting.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Amstedammer
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Re: Lifestyle 48 system expansion

Good morning Jessie,

Thank you kindly for your reaction.

I am not sure if the two amps should be able to play the same audio (2nd zone) .But in order to make things work this may work for now.

PS:

I do understand that the original intention was to connect the two amps using a Bose interlink cable (BoseLink-B ?) This was done using a  8-wire cable and 2 in-wall plug units on either side. The 'arrival side' of this in-wall cable, in a 'cable gutter', is missing. Hence my idea to replace the home brew solution with a wireless one .

Kind regards,

Pete