Highlighted
JIm_C
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Lifestyle 50 Sound cutting out

I have a Lifestyle 50 system that has worked great until recently.  I am using the coaxial input that is fed from a Samsung TV optical output to an optical to coaxial converter.  I am having daily drop outs of the audio that does not return until either I disconnect and reconnect the coaxial connection, or sometimes I have to reset the entire system with a power cycle.  When the audio shuts down I have also attempted to switch the source to FM and I still do not get any sound.

I recently replaced the optical to coax adapter and the isssue persists.  At this point I am not sure if it is an issue with the multi room interface or the amplifier.   Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lifestyle 50 Sound cutting out

Hello JIm_C, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Lifestyle 50 and I would love to help you to resolve them. 

To start with please can I confirm if this audio drop happens when using the CD player or the Radio? 

Also, it would be great to know if there are any other sources connected to the system and if so does the sound drop happen across all of the devices? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

JIm_C
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I currently use only the coaxial input for the 5.1 surround sound from the TV.  I have not tested using AM/FM but will try this as a test and could also connect a stereo L R cable from the TV to another input if needed.

Hi Jlm_C, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to the Bose Community. 

Can you please attempt to test this for us and let us know the result of this? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B