Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Lifestyle 50 Sound cutting out

I have a Lifestyle 50 system that has worked great until recently.  I am using the coaxial input that is fed from a Samsung TV optical output to an optical to coaxial converter.  I am having daily drop outs of the audio that does not return until either I disconnect and reconnect the coaxial connection, or sometimes I have to reset the entire system with a power cycle.  When the audio shuts down I have also attempted to switch the source to FM and I still do not get any sound.

I recently replaced the optical to coax adapter and the isssue persists.  At this point I am not sure if it is an issue with the multi room interface or the amplifier.   Any assistance would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 50 Sound cutting out

Hello JIm_C, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Lifestyle 50 and I would love to help you to resolve them. 

To start with please can I confirm if this audio drop happens when using the CD player or the Radio? 

Also, it would be great to know if there are any other sources connected to the system and if so does the sound drop happen across all of the devices? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I currently use only the coaxial input for the 5.1 surround sound from the TV.  I have not tested using AM/FM but will try this as a test and could also connect a stereo L R cable from the TV to another input if needed.

Highlighted

Hi Jlm_C, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to the Bose Community. 

Can you please attempt to test this for us and let us know the result of this? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

I also have the LS 50 and recently lost sound. I have narrowed it down to the same problem you had the optical cable is converted to coaxial. When I jiggle the room A output cable from the interface the speakers crack. It does the same on room B. 
since the coaxial and room A output both lead to the acoustimass module or woofer I do not understand why touching the room A output causes the speakers to crack. Also the system turned on once before I messed with it to put the system back in place, so there is a break in the connection somehow and everything is properly connected ten times!????

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Ultimately I believe that it was not the optical / coax input.  Even once this input shut down if I changed to another input I still had no sound.  Plus I would also have sounds like gunshots through the speakers.  I am now thinking capacitors have finally worn out and plan to open the system up and have a look once I get time.  I opted to replace the system.

Thanks for updating us JIm_C. Please do let us know how you get on with your new system!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Thanks for responding. The woofer has slipped out of my hands many times and hike trying to turn it over to check the cables maybe it’s the woofer. 
I would upgrade but Bose told me system is still state of the art, and hardwire is still the best signal. 
it’s my baby so if I can find out how to solve the issue I will text. Thanks