Niclas K
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Lifestyle 525 power on with high volume and starts playing music

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: Lifestyle 525 power on with high volume and starts playing music

Hey Niclas K, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your LifeStyle 525 system and will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you respond with answers to the survey questions above so I have a better understanding of your issue and can recommend some troubleshooting steps. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Niclas K
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

of course you need a description, thought I had filled it out

Bose product name

Lifestyle 525

Country

Denmark

Firmware Version

I do not have a Firmware information on

Software version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 
Iphones IOS 11 to 14

Every Morning when the first person arrives at the office, and turn on the power, in every rooms.

after some time the Liftstyle 525 start up with random music, and at a high volume.

happens almost every morning, if the system has been used the day before.

When we plays music, it suddenly stop it can happen after 20 min of playing music, or 2 hours but it happens every time vi have started the music.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

in your offices/showrooms

I have only been here for some months, but according to those who have been here for servals years, the 2 problem has been there for years

Tried to search for updates, to the liftstyle, but it says we have the newest.

Keith_L

Thanks for providing that information Niclas K!

When the Lifestyle starts up playing music, what source does it play music from? Is it always the same source that plays through the speaker, or does it change at all? Have you noticed any pattern to what music will start playing at all, is it the same music that was playing the day before, or the same music every time? 

When the system stops playing music after playing for a while, does the system turn off completely, or does the music just stop playing but the system stays on?

What I would recommend doing to help with both of these issues you mentioned is a reset of the console and the SoundTouch adapter on the Lifestyle. To reset the console follow these steps:

1. Turn the control console off
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  3. Release the Power button
  4. Retest the system

For the adapter what you need to do is follow these steps:

1. On the back of the system console, disconnect the SoundTouch adapter from the Bose link and USB jacks
  2. Wait one minute, then reconnect the adapter.

Once you've performed these resets, give the Lifestyle a test and let me know if this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Niclas K
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Hi

I have tried to reset the console, after your description, but I could not see any Red Led where is it located, in the front or the back ?

Keith_L

Hi Niclas K,

The red LED will be the main status LED and will show on the front of the console. It should usually be showing as a green light when you are using the console usually, and change to red in network standby, it should show as red before you press and hold the power button.

If the red light isn't showing when the system is in standby, try rebooting the full system by following these steps below, then trying the reset process I described previously.

• Turn the system off. Wait 30 seconds
  • Unplug the control console power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the audio input cable from the control console
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the audio input cable from the Acoustimass module. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the audio input cable to the Acoustimass module
  • Reconnect the audio input cable to the control console
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
  • Reconnect the control console power cord
  • Retest the system

Let me know how you get on!

Edward74
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

@mygiftcardsite wrote:

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Bose's ADAPTiQ® auto calibration system ensures high-quality performance in your specific home theater room. This technology automatically optimizes the system's settings for your room's unique size, shape, and furnishings, in order to deliver consistently good sound throughout the room. Each speaker is designed to give you big sound without taking up space. The Lifestyle® 525 system's Direct/Reflecting® Series II speakers mount flush on your wall, while the Acoustimass® module easily tucks away out of sight behind a couch or end table.
When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.