Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Lifestyle 525 series II remote mostly dead

The remote for my Lifestyle 525 stopped working. This happened suddenly. I replaced the batteries to no effect. When I pair the remote with the console the remote comes to life but if I move farther than 6 to 12 inches from the console the remote dies again. I’m assuming the remote is toast and I need another one. Right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Re: Lifestyle 525 series II remote mostly dead

Author Accepted Answer selected by Slewis

Thanks much for the assistance. I’ll get a new remote. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi Slewis, Thank you for your post and welcome!

Based on what you have you said, I would say you are correct and may need a replacement. You can do this by getting in contact with our team. Click the LINK HERE, select the country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Slewis

Thanks much for the assistance. I’ll get a new remote. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Just a note. I’ve discovered that the problem is the battery connection in some way. I’m using the old remote after putting cardboard between the batteries and the battery door for a tighter fit. Still ordering a new remote. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I just purchase (received) the Bose universal remote to replace my original, which stopped working (new batteries didn't help the original).  The new remote works the TV and Time Warner (Spectrum) devices, but won't work the Bose - the only reason to acquire this remote. I went on the site, but it says in response to the "remote won't work with Bose"  that there is no info. What do I do? The instructions provide no guidance for bose, only other manufacturers. must be a simple fix.  thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Hey Mantin,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Really sorry that you've been unable to find any guidance on how to pair your new remote with your Lifestyle 525 II system.

Please follow these steps:

1. Power on your system
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the OK button on the remote control and the Mute button on the system console for five seconds until the console light blinks

There's also a YouTube video here if you need it - How to setup a Lifestyle remote control.

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.