rickybehrens
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Lifestyle 535 Setup Button not Working (Factory Reset Doesn't Help)

Bose product name: Lifestyle 535

Firmware Version: 02.21.00 - U

My remote control stopped working. After getting a replacement, I was able to pair it with the console, but while trying to re-program the TV, cable box, and Apple TV to the new remote control, I realized the Setup button on the console wasn't working (I press it and it doesn't do anything).

I made a simple reset procedure (pressing the power button on the console for 5 seconds). This gave me the "system information" screen with the setup button flashing red, which was proceeded by the system update using the USB port.

After trying the update, it told me that I had the latest version, but this process gets stuck in an endless loop. I can exit the update by turning off and on the console but I'm still not able to control the TV, cable box, or Apple TV with my new Bose remote control.

I read on a forum topic that some people had success with a similar problem by doing a factory reset. I did the whole procedure of turning off the console, unplugging it, pressing the "source" and "volume -" buttons at the same time, and reconnecting the power cord while leaving these buttons pressed until the Bose logo flashes twice. The problem is that the logo only comes on once and after this, I get a clock and a crossed hand over the console with the setup button flashing in amber (I'm assuming it means don't touch console for some time). It stays like that for hours without anything happening.

I can turn off the console and on again going through the same old process mentioned above.

I can watch TV, I just need all the remote controls.

What else I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
Marvin_B

Re: Lifestyle 535 Factory Reset Not Working

Hi rickybehrens,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

When you did the factory reset and have the amber blinking lights, that means it is on set up mode already. The reset was successful. You can set up the system in the Soundtouch app using WiFi.

To program your remote, here is a video LINK to follow.

Let us know how it went.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickybehrens
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Re: Lifestyle 535 Factory Reset Not Working

Thank you so much for your reply.

However, my understanding is that after the factory reset, I would have to pair again the remote control with the console but this is not needed as the remote works perfectly fine after. That's why I assume the reset was never successful.

I've tried "removing" the hospitality mode as well, to no success. The setup button simply works sporadically and I can't access the UNIFY menu at all.

My biggest issue, at this point, is that when I press the "setup" button on the console to pair the remote to the cable box, Apple TV, DVD, etc, nothing happens and therefore I can't really use my new Bose remote control; only to operate the Bose console and the volume.

What would be your suggestion?