Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Lifestyle 600 remote not able to control cable box and amazon tv

Hi, lifestyle 600 cannot find the model number of my cable box. What do i do? As for the firestick tv, it doesn't even ask for a model number. Help please
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 600 remote not able to control cable box and amazon tv

Was able to fix the box remote. Only the amazon firestick left i cannot link with the bose universal remote
Highlighted

Hello Olchan, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

To use your universal remote with the Amazon Fire Stick, please follow the following steps: 

1. Press the setup function on the universal remote and scroll down the menu until you get to device management. 
  2. Select 'Add' 
  3. Select Amazon Fire TV from the list 
  4. Plug the Firestick into one of the available HDMI ports and connect it to power. Do not power on yet.
  5. Select HDMI from the connections list 
  6. When asked if the device is connected to the TV select no
  7. Power on the Firestick
  8.  Select the HDMI port the stick is plugged into
  9. Select 'Use supplied remote' 
  10. Select 'auto set up'
  11. Use your Firestick as normal

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Hi Vicky, tried this but the bose remote still doesn't work...i will still need to use the amazon supplied remote...any other suggestion?
Highlighted

Hi Olchan,

Sorry to hear that this doesn't work. I believe that you cannot programme your remote using a code. This is because the Amazon Fire Stick is controlled by a Bluetooth remote. However, be sure that any CEC setting within your TV and Amazon TV settings are enabled. This should give you the ability to control your Amazon TV without the need for programming the remote codes.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Hi, just checked and cec is turned on. Still cannot control firestick using bose remote
Highlighted

Hello Olchan,

I've been looking into this and it seems that it is only possible with a universal remote that also uses Bluetooth. This isn't the case with the universal remote with the Lifestyle 600.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G