Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Lifestyle 600 remote spinning asterisk AGAIN!

I am starting to get very frustrated with my Lifestyle 600.  Its Sunday and my Lifestyle 600 remote has the spinning circle/asterisks again.  Always seems to happen on a Sunday, sometimes a couple of weeks in a row while other times it will work well for a couple of months and then need a full system reset again.  I have tried everything listed in these forums that I can find to correct the problem other than a full reset but nothing has worked so far.  

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, are you seeing it every few months? 

Is there a better way to do the reset than going through the entire setup process again?

Any assistance is appreciated, even if its a friendly shoulder to cry on.

Thanks

G from FLA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 600 remote spinning asterisk AGAIN!

Author Accepted Answer selected by cato35

Hey G, 

I can appreciate this is frustrating. You have come to the right place for help!

Can you please try the steps here and here to get this resolved. Should this not work, please can you send me a photo of what's happening to the remote when this happens? It would also be great to know if there are any LED's showing on the system when this happens?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by cato35

Hey G, 

I can appreciate this is frustrating. You have come to the right place for help!

Can you please try the steps here and here to get this resolved. Should this not work, please can you send me a photo of what's happening to the remote when this happens? It would also be great to know if there are any LED's showing on the system when this happens?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

The remote lost connection again last night, spinning asterisk on the display. The LS 600 has only the single white LED displayed. I followed the instructions in the previous post but the remote did not reset. It did change source back to the cable box so we can watch television with it's remote but cannot change any source using the Bose remote. What can I do now?

Highlighted

Hi cato35,

The fact that you are getting this issue so frequently does lead me to believe that there is something interfering with the signal between the console and the remote that is causing this. 

What other electronic/wireless devices do you have near the control console? Try disconnecting these from the power and see if the spinning wheel stops showing on the remote. If it does, then reconnect them one at a time and see if any of them cause the issue to come back.

As you've mentioned that it mostly happens on a Sunday, is there anything you that seems to be triggering the issue with the remote? Does it always happen at the same time, or something that happens just before the remote disconnects?

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!