Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Hi there, 

I have seen a lot of similar problem out there in the topics but I still don't seems to get a clear answer of this issue, and how should I fix this annoying problem. 

I recently purchase Bose Lifestyle 650 and excitely married her with my beloved Samsung NU8000 82" UHD TV , but the relationship didn't last well, the HDMI (ARC) connection keep dropping out after the latest update, forcing the Bose system constantly rebooting which i have to restart the setup process again and again. I have browse through one of the thread and follow one of the moderator (Brandon) to reset the system, and it only last me till the ADAPIQ setup page, and got me dissapointed again , by dropping out constantly from the HDMI. I wish I could listen to her beautiful sound, but after few days of trying, I have no luck but to pray to the Bose community god.

Is there any clear solution here? What went wrong? I don't feel like giving up either of them. Anyone has any clear solution to this Bose lifestyle 650 and Samsung love hate relationship? 

Thank you all.

Best Regards,

Kev

1 REPLY

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Hi Kev,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the ARC issues, but would be happy to help!  

To confirm, the cable from the Bose console to the TV, is this the Bose HDMI cable?  If so, can we try a new high speed HDMI cable?

Could you let us know what devices are connected to the console and in which ports?

We've seen some success with this particular sequence which helps to clear a lot of CEC communication errors which may help with this issue:

• Disable CEC on the console by turning it off in the system menu
  • Now, power down the TV and console and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the console
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the console by navigating back to the system menu
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV input
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the system, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support