Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems

Hello @Jarek_General,

Thank you for the posts.

We truly understand the frustration some users are running into with the Lifestyle 600/650 systems.

I can let you know we're actively investigating this issue so we can get this resolved. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Once we have any updates available, we'll let the community know. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

@Joel_D 

It would be nice for Bose to actually admit they have no clue what is going on with this issue.  It's been nearly 3 months and no resolution to the problem.  That's a bit ridiculous in terms of technical support and engineering expertise.  You must admit that Bose obviously has no idea how to remedy this issue.  When Apple has a software issue, it's usually fixed and addressed in a few days or perhaps a week, not several months. Maybe you need to hire some of their software engineers. This problem is dragging on far too long and I'm starting to wonder what type of recourse we will recieve for this?  How about asking the CEO of Bose what they plan to do if the issue is never resolved?  I'm really disappointed with Bose and my friends and neighbors as well as anyone who asks for my recommendation is going to get a very sour response.  FIX THE PROBLEM!  

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

I aplogize for my being late to respond to my posting. Bose as always has coresponded with me and has been more than fair with me. As it has been it explained to me there is a problem with some of the Lifestyle 600 consoles doing the proper hand shake of the HDMI. They suggested I try a work around which works or they would buy my system back. They are working on making the necessary software changes to make the system work right. I told them I'd keep the system while the work out the problem because I like the system. I was lost for the three weeks I had sent it in for repair.

So once again everything is great. Thank you Bose!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Exactly the same with me. Now, here's what is interesting. I have a Harmony remote 650. I have the Bose Unify set to power macro for my cable box. When I hit the button for Watch Apple TV on the Harmony Remote it powers on the cable box, the Bose Console, the TV and the Apple TV 4K comes up perfect every time. When I turn off the Power Macro in the Unify system then the Harmony remote no longer works. I'm thinking if there is a way we could use the Bose remote to power up the cable box and the Apple TV 4K all at the same time like the Hamony Remote we might have 'er fixed.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Hey Bose:

Any update on this issue?  Would be nice to know if you're making progress on this, please.  How about a detailed status update.  Something more than stating you're aware of the issue and working on it.  

Thanks

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Have you figured out a solution to this problem yet?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Well I’ve made changes to my system by cord cutting. Without a cable box I can now plug my Apple TV in HDMI1. However when I was using the cable box I used a Harmony 650 remote to control the devices which worked better.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for the continued posts.

Engineering has found that replacing all the HDMI cables between all of your source devices to the Bose console can resolve many of these issues.

For assistance with this, please contact technical support for the HDMI cables.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

@Joel_D 

I called Bose yesterday regarding the HDMI cables you are offering.  I have an AppleTV 4K, a DirecTV Genie reciever and a Sony blueray DVD player attached to my Bose 650, so they are sending three 6' cables.  I appreciate that and hope they resolve the issues.  However, I am also in need of an HDMI cable that then runs from the Bose 650 to my LG 4k OLED TV.  It needs to be about 15' so it can go through the entertainment center, up through the interior wall and then attach to the TV.  However, Bose said the longest HDMI cable they have is only 6' long.  

I'm hoping a replacement 15' cable isn't needed and I can just use the one I'm currently using for the connectivity from the Bose 650 to the TV, but if it is, I'll inform you.  

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

We'll be looking forward to your update once you receive the new cables and test for a few days.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support