Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems

@fishinflagirl wrote:
We bought our 650 last month and had this issue immediately! We were still in the 30 day return policy, no questions asked so we drove the 2.5 hours to get a replacement system. We hooked it up yesterday...SAME ISSUES!!! We traded our old system in for this one, and I’m sure that’s long gone. If this isn’t resolved in the next 29 days, we are returning it! This is CRAZY to have this issue still going on and selling them still.

I would take the system back now, get a refund and then spend your hard earned with a company that actually cares about it's customers - after 6 months it's clear that Bose have little if any interest in trying to rectify these issues, even now if you contact their support team they talk you through the same rubbish, try a different HDMI lead, power down, reboot, blah blah blah, basically anything other than admit that these systems are totally flawed

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Yup. I agree with WA1968. The best thing you can do is get your refund now and find an alternative. This issue is not getting resolved. “Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution” We’ve been hearing the same rubbish since the firmware update that caused this issue back in November (I updated mine in December and introduced this problem before reading the posts on here)  I get the pink screen when switching on regularly but the photo below shows what I got last night when switching to my media player which I've never seen before - as usual a reboot cleared it.IMG_1518.JPG

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

So I've just updated the firmware again. Switched on and.......

At switch on - green cast no soundAt switch on - green cast no soundAfter rebootingAfter rebooting

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

C'one!

It takes so much because that engineers are getting huge surprise for us!

We are not only going to receive the fixes but also:

1. DTS files support
  2. DTSx
  3. Dolby Atmos
  4. Surprise
  5. Bigger Surprise
  6. The Greatest Surprise and bonus
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

What sarcasm. BOSE would sell new hardware if they had Dolby Atmos. They obviously expect us to eventually go away or they would fix this issue. I'm so frustrated not being able to do anything about this or get BOSE to respond with a plan of action and follow up. Their support is the worst.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

I have purchased my last Bose product ever. I will never ever buy another thing with the Bose name on it!

Highlighted

Hello All,

We are very sorry for the frustrations this situation has caused. I can assure you we have highlighted this issue with the relevant team, however at this time we have no update in regards to a fix. Once we receive an update we will ensure to inform the community about this. 

We do apologise again for the inconvenience of this issue, and understand your frustrations. We appreciate your patience at this time. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello All,

We are very sorry for the frustrations this situation has caused. I can assure you we have highlighted this issue with the relevant team, however at this time we have no update in regards to a fix. Once we receive an update we will ensure to inform the community about this. 

We do apologise again for the inconvenience of this issue, and understand your frustrations. We appreciate your patience at this time. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Frankly it's embarrassing and slightly insulting that Bose keep telling us the same BS even after 6 months, it's obvious for all to see that they don't care one bit about the inconvenience or our frustrations otherwise it would have been fixed by now. Does anyone think it would have taken this long to fix an issue with their QuietComfort headphones that they sell in huge numbers? Their Lifestyle sales are tiny in comparison and they clearly don't want to give this issue the time or resources needed to fix it. It's a shame that this total disregard for customer service can't be made more public so that the wider population get to see how Bose really treat their customers...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2019

It was my fault that I didnt do my research before buying as I used to be a Bose fan.

I was met by a good area sales manager that sold it to me (Lifestyle 600) and after facing the same issues everybody is facing I started googling, maybe something is not right from my end although I have all the right connections, till I found this thread.

So basically after this update the Bose Receiver is useless and the HDR passthrough is a problem that with their latest reply cannot be fixed. The sound quality is not the best also due to decoding malfunction. (I’m not an expert but I can tell stuff)

I’m surprised that there is no stop sell on these products since it has been months since this issue happened, it’s not the retail staff fault but they are fully aware of my issue now.

I live in United Arab Emirates, Dubai and believe me when I tell you that they take consumer rights seriously. Tomorrow I’m going to the store to get a full refund. Will keep you updated as I’m only ten days old with this useless device.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I keep looking at all the posts on this website and HDR. I had a lifestyle 650 and all i ever had with is was issues. I found early with it that the best way to use it was pass all video to the TV first. Then all worked properly as long as bose did not process video.The apple tv had dolby vision enabled. And all I ever has was sound droup out. Seemed like every couple of months I had to reset the system and it would start working again. Otherwise I would get strange noises like thunder in the sound. Bass drop outs a lot. 

After sitting in a demo of atmos I got interested in replacing and getting a atmos system. I am to the conclusion that bose would never supply this other than making me buy new hardware. It talking with the salepeople I was always told me I did not need atmos or 7.1 because they did such a good job with 5.1 i would not need it.

Well I finally sold my 650 and replaced it with a denon amp and a klipsch speaker system. While not as small as the bose speakers it does sound really good. Actually I would say better because I am able to now have what bose said i did not need. better that 5.1

And I now can feed all my video sources into the amp rather than going to the TV. All works propely Dolby vision passes through the amp properly and makes it to my TV. 

I was a long time bose fan. I had a 535 and upgraded to the 650. I loved the small size and when it worked it sounded really good. 

But I have had the replacement for a few weeks now. And it sounds better and I have not had a single issue with it at all. And as a bonus it supports all the features that bose says i do not need. 

I was able to sell the old system on ebay and with some luck catching all the new stuff on sale I ended up with a little cash left over. I was suprised with what I got on ebay for the old system. I recomend that any of you that are unhappy dump this POS and get some thing you will be happy with.

Bye Bye bose.