Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems

@Sad Stephen 

I did email Mr. Hess.  Not sure exactly what happened internally at Bose, but I received an email in return from a person on the Escalated Support Team.  He assured me, once again, that they are working on the issue.  That's all they ever say.  He again asked for all the basic information like what kind of TV and other items I have running through the Lifestyle 650, of which I've provided already in the past.  It just feels like we are all stuck in a loop.  I hopefully await the day when they get this corrected. 

Regards

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

I just sent my email Saturday so I'm not holding my breath on a reply. Sonos looks better every day!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I never received a reply from my email to Mr. Hess.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I also did not receive a reply from mr hess. 

Well I solved my issue and sold the 650 on ebay. I know this is not a option for everyone. But after waiting 2 years for Apple to fix this issue I replced it with another product. While I may not have the nice small speakers I now have a A/V system that actuall passes through all my devices and they all work properly.

While I know Bose could care less about me leaving I really like having a system that works properly now.  

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

For those just finding this post I thought I'd summarise the stellar work of Bose so far since this issue was first reported. For clarity the posts are highlighted in pink and green, pink and green, pink and green, like my screen.

‎01-03-2019 01:43 PM

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the posts.

We're are currently aware of this issue and are now working on a resolution for our customers.

We do understand that this is a very frustrating issue and thank you for letting us know all of the details.

As soon as we have more information, we'll share it with the community.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

02-01-2019 11:57 AM

Hello @Jarek_General,

Thank you for the posts.

We truly understand the frustration some users are running into with the Lifestyle 600/650 systems.

I can let you know we're actively investigating this issue so we can get this resolved. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Once we have any updates available, we'll let the community know. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

02-12-2019 02:23 PM

Hello All,

Thank you for the continued posts.

Engineering has found that replacing all the HDMI cables between all of your source devices to the Bose console can resolve many of these issues. NO IT CAN'T

For assistance with this, please contact technical support for the HDMI cables.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

02-15-2019 04:29 PM

Hello mheninger,

I appreciate the update and thank you.

We're sorry to see this made it worse. I will let engineering know this.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know here.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

03-02-2019 10:27 AM

Hello Everyone! 

Thank you all for reaching out to the community, I understand your frustration and I do appreciate that you have been waiting for a long time. 

Our teams are working on an update to fix this issue. So I highly recommend that you keep an eye out on the community main page 

and we will post an update as soon as we can, 

I again fully understand the frustration that has been expressed in this thread so I please bare with us and we will update you as soon as possible. 

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards 

Liam - Community Support

03-18-2019 10:51 AM

Hi Everyone, 

Many thanks for all your posts, we appreciate all your concerns.

As mentioned previously, we are currently in process of providing a fix for this issue, however at the moment we have no further information at this time. Once we have this update, we will provide this as a sticky post on the community site.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

‎04-02-2019 07:57 AM

Hi Sad Stephen,

We have no news or developments to share with the Community. All feedback is appreciated and valued. Feedback like this is taken into consideration for future product updates and releases in the future. Should we receive any further news we will share this with the Community. 

Kindest, 

Andy B

04-11-2019 08:30 AM

Hello Mheninger, 

I am very sorry for the wait on the resolution to this issue. I can fully appreciate everyone's frustration. This issue is still being looked into and solid fixes do not appear to have yet been found. We will, of course, update as soon as new information is available. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

a month ago

Hello All,

We are very sorry for the frustrations this situation has caused. I can assure you we have highlighted this issue with the relevant team, however at this time we have no update in regards to a fix. Once we receive an update we will ensure to inform the community about this. 

We do apologise again for the inconvenience of this issue, and understand your frustrations. We appreciate your patience at this time. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Wow. This is crazy. I was about to run to the store and audition a LS650 tomorrow but sropped in my tracks seeing these posts. Really shocking that a company like Bose couldnt resolve this issue. i am on tenterhooks as I was really looking forward to buy the system for the living room. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

PTL I emailed Philip Hess as some one suggested and I got an email back to schedule a phone call for June 6th. I received my phone call, did the software update and everything is working just like it should once again. Boy! That was a long dry spell but worth the wait. The tech did tell me before hand that this software update doesn't work for everyone but it worked on mine. I was so happy! Thanks Bose!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Do you happen to have a copy of the update and the process?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Follow the update in Unify on the console.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

OK it seems that HDR, Dolby Vision were addressed in that last update, nice after all this time

...BUT listen to the sound do you like the qyuality? Try playing DTS raw files, can you do that having music playing or you get scrachy noises instead?