Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems

I am getting this same issue, ever since the software update in November.  The green line on the edge of my TV screen also appears every so often when using the AppleTV 4k.  I've tried multiple things to remedy, but it's obvious it's related specifically to the BOSE 650 hardware or software, NOT my cables or setup. You guys need to fix this.  I paid over $4000 for this system less than a year ago and it's a LEMON.  Please address the issue and get this fixed ASAP. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Any information on this?

It's driving me insane. exactly the same issues as above. Started since last update, is there anyway we call roll back on updates?

Another way to return sound and picture is to enter setup mode and then select source again.

I cannot believe bose are requesting I information on this, you should have picked up on this already. It's been a couple of months.

Not happen the update has been rushed out. Not exactly a cheap sound system.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

I agree completely with everyone's issues.  I'm having the same and it is so frustrating.  Bose is not addressing this issue fast enough and sells a product they say has 4k passthrough when it does not.  I've tried every work around, new cables, etc.  Still won't work with my Apple 4k.  What a piece of $4000 junk and disingenuous advertising of the specs. They need to fix this ASAP.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the posts.

We're are currently aware of this issue and are now working on a resolution for our customers.

We do understand that this is a very frustrating issue and thank you for letting us know all of the details.

As soon as we have more information, we'll share it with the community.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Come on Bose, Houston, we have a problem, fix it! After a software update on my LS 650, my T.V. Screen turns pink with no volume. It happens every time I turn the system on. A $4000.00 system should not be having these problems that haven’t been fixed in a timely manner. You already know there is a problem since many people are having the same issue. After doing everything conceivably possible, the only fix I find is to pull the HDMI cable out for a second. I love Bose, but **bleep**, make the fix happen like it was yesterday already!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

This is a problem that, so far, Bose appears to be unwilling and/or unable to fix.  That is absolutely unacceptable for a device as expensive as this and inconsistent with its supposed prominence in the audio industry.  Perhaps Bose can delete the update (since there is no discernible advantage to having it) and release it later when it has been corrected.  Consumer confidence is not enhanced by their failure to address this issue except to tell us to use an optical cable in lieu of the HDMI.  That is simply pathetic.

Bob Wood

Also losing the will to live.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

I'm so sick of this issue. It is taking way too long, and receiving an acceptable response from BOSE is impossible. They seem to be just ignoring this. This is their premium system! FIX THE PROBLEM BOSE!!!!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Hi all,

while trying to resolve another issue with the LS I noticed, that all my devices have the described problems like no sound or pink screen if connected to the LS on HDMI 2-5 and the LS is powered on directly on these ports. But all the devices have NO problems if connected to LS on HDMI1. You can read about it here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Lifestyle-650-Bug-No-sound-from-UHD-Player/m-p/179551/hig...

It would be very interesting if you guys are making the same experience.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

I have few issues here with my Lifestyle 650.

1) Picture flicks when connected through my Optoma 60HDR projector + PS4 Pro and Lifestyle.

2) Purple/pink picture when playing with Apple TV, since the software upgrade, however when i switch between sources the problem goes off but a new issue started which is picture flickering and it was not the case when played with Apple TV.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Hello VGRG

Welcome to the unsatisfied Club. I also have the flickering issue and many others, including the sound, the purple screen and the occasional AppleTV 4k won't work with the Bose problem.  Bose says they are working on it all, but I'm losing faith in them and their products and service.  Fingers crossed that they resolve it soon, but it's already been three months... ugh...