Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems

Good luck on the cables. Didn’t work for me. They gave me a work around for the problem until they get the software update.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

@Joel_D @

Well folks, I received my three HDMI cables from Bose and guess what?  The problems got worse, especially with the connectivity to my AppleTV 4K. I was using an HDMI cable I purchased from Apple [ https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HLL52/belkin-ultra-high-speed-4k-hdmi-cable-2m?fnode=a4 ], which worked well once I reversed the order in which I turn on my devices.  If I turn on the Bose first, things go a lot better. Since using the Bose provided HDMI cables, this is what transpired:

1. My TV no longer turns on automatically when I use my DirecTV remote to turn on the DirecTV receiver.

2. The AppleTV 4K blinks and goes dark and soundless for a second or two about every 5-10 seconds.  

3. The AppleTV 4K periodically goes into a complete screen of white snowy sparkles and flickers on and off, then will not even project a signal to the system any longer.  I have to restart everything.

After these errors, I plugged in my Apple Store purchsed HDMI cable, and the AppleTV 4K device worked fine again, with the workarounds I use for power starting, etc.

I'm still not able to use the AppleTV 4K's video setting of "Chroma 4:2:2", as it just completely disables all function. I have to only use "Chroma 4:2:0" for it to work at all.  Why is that happening??? 

Well, please Bose, get the software fixed, as it appears the only way this Bose 650 system is going to function properly.  To leave these issues unresolved since November 2018 is unacceptable. 

Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello mheninger,

I appreciate the update and thank you.

We're sorry to see this made it worse. I will let engineering know this.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know here.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

So I am not the only one to suffer here? Problems with HDR, Dolby Vision, switching from 50HZ to 60HZ, connecting Apple TV, Xbox...has BOSE got all the reports? I hope they are working to fix all these errors....so far I feel absolutly dissapointed...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

@Sad Stephen 

You are not alone.  Many of us on this forum are having the same issues. Bose pushed a software update a day or two ago and it was NOT the solution to the problem. It still persists and has persisted since November.  We are all waiting for a resolution.  Don't bother buying new cables, they won't resolve the issues. It has to do with the Bose 650 software and they need to fix it. The only workaround that seems to help is making sure to turn on your Bose system first, then your other devices like the TV provider, AppleTV, etc.  That seems to help most of the time, but once in a while I still have to shut everything off, unplug stuff and then re-plug it all in and start over to avoid sound issues and purple screen issues and most of all...AppleTV 4k passthrough issues. All we can do is be patient I guess.  Calling Bose doesn't help at all.  I've called at least 6 times and get put on hold and transfered all the time and end up on hold for nearly an hour, then no one can help and all they say is that they are working on it.  Blah blah blah....

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Well, this is horrible! New FW solved almost nothing! I fell speechless and so sorry that I made that decision of getting BOSE system.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

My word!
Have you seen that??
https://youtu.be/HDTtQN4rpf4
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

This is indeed horrible.  After waiting months for a firmware update to solve the pink colourcast and no sound issue I have switched on my Bose this morning and checked in the setup to find an update is available....Yay 😁 

The update process includes a minimum of 20 minutes at the end pondering "is it done yet?, it said not to switch off?, how do I know the update is finished?, why for gods sake can't Bose engineers make their firmware updates switch the system back on & display a message - UPDATE IS COMPLETE PRESS EXIT TO CONTINUE.

So eventually I switched it on and it's amazing 😉 

Just kidding - actually there was no sound and a pink screen as before - epic fail.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

@Sad Stephen wrote:
My word!
Have you seen that??
https://youtu.be/HDTtQN4rpf4

Yup that's exactly what I have had since November

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@JB1970 wrote:

This is indeed horrible.  After waiting months for a firmware update to solve the pink colourcast and no sound issue I have switched on my Bose this morning and checked in the setup to find an update is available....Yay 😁 

The update process includes a minimum of 20 minutes at the end pondering "is it done yet?, it said not to switch off?, how do I know the update is finished?, why for gods sake can't Bose engineers make their firmware updates switch the system back on & display a message - UPDATE IS COMPLETE PRESS EXIT TO CONTINUE.

So eventually I switched it on and it's amazing 😉 

Just kidding - actually there was no sound and a pink screen as before - epic fail.

Same here 😞