BrunoH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Lifestyle 650. No sound from Panasonic TV.

I have two devices attached to a Lifestyle 650. A sky box and wii-fit which both work fine using the 'source' button and sound is great! When switching to TV on the source button I get a screen saying " TV audio is active. Use your TV's remote to select your desired TV input source" I then scroll from HDMI2 (my arc connection) to TV selection and I have free view picture but no sound!

I can select apps including Netflix but still no sound. I have read other comments and changed cec settings to alternate without success and the remote will no longer switch the TV's power off. I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the box. Do I need to connect an optical cable from the TV's to the lifestyle box or just have the HDMI cable?

any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB1970
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650. No sound from Panasonic TV.

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

If you've not already...

With the TV on Freeview and the Bose on input TV check your audio/speaker settings in the Panasonic TV menu to ensure they look correct.

ARC is known to be hit and miss.  I have my devices connected to the 650 by HDMI, a single HDMI to the TV (not the ARC port) and then an optical from the TV back to the 650 for Freeview and Netflix app audio.  Any devices connected directly to the TV's HDMI, bypassing the console, can also use that same optical connection to send the audio back to the console.  It seems the optical just works when often the ARC does not.

2 REPLIES 2
JB1970
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

If you've not already...

With the TV on Freeview and the Bose on input TV check your audio/speaker settings in the Panasonic TV menu to ensure they look correct.

ARC is known to be hit and miss.  I have my devices connected to the 650 by HDMI, a single HDMI to the TV (not the ARC port) and then an optical from the TV back to the 650 for Freeview and Netflix app audio.  Any devices connected directly to the TV's HDMI, bypassing the console, can also use that same optical connection to send the audio back to the console.  It seems the optical just works when often the ARC does not.

Highlighted

Hello BrunoH,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Lifestyle 650, this is absolutely something I would be able to help you with today. We can try some troubleshooting to get this resolved, let's try a product reset and an HDMI reset.

Reset your system by following these steps:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off
  3. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again
  4. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots
  5. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system

To perform an HDMI reset:

1. Unplug all the power and HDMI cables
  2. Wait 30 seconds 
  3. Plug only the power back in
  4. Select TV source 
  5. Plug all the HDMI cables back in

@JB1970 is correct if after all the troubleshooting the issue still continues, you can try an optical connection.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support