cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrunoH
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Lifestyle 650. No sound from Panasonic TV.

I have two devices attached to a Lifestyle 650. A sky box and wii-fit which both work fine using the 'source' button and sound is great! When switching to TV on the source button I get a screen saying " TV audio is active. Use your TV's remote to select your desired TV input source" I then scroll from HDMI2 (my arc connection) to TV selection and I have free view picture but no sound!

I can select apps including Netflix but still no sound. I have read other comments and changed cec settings to alternate without success and the remote will no longer switch the TV's power off. I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the box. Do I need to connect an optical cable from the TV's to the lifestyle box or just have the HDMI cable?

any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650. No sound from Panasonic TV.

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

If you've not already...

With the TV on Freeview and the Bose on input TV check your audio/speaker settings in the Panasonic TV menu to ensure they look correct.

ARC is known to be hit and miss.  I have my devices connected to the 650 by HDMI, a single HDMI to the TV (not the ARC port) and then an optical from the TV back to the 650 for Freeview and Netflix app audio.  Any devices connected directly to the TV's HDMI, bypassing the console, can also use that same optical connection to send the audio back to the console.  It seems the optical just works when often the ARC does not.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

If you've not already...

With the TV on Freeview and the Bose on input TV check your audio/speaker settings in the Panasonic TV menu to ensure they look correct.

ARC is known to be hit and miss.  I have my devices connected to the 650 by HDMI, a single HDMI to the TV (not the ARC port) and then an optical from the TV back to the 650 for Freeview and Netflix app audio.  Any devices connected directly to the TV's HDMI, bypassing the console, can also use that same optical connection to send the audio back to the console.  It seems the optical just works when often the ARC does not.

View solution in original post

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BrunoH,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Lifestyle 650, this is absolutely something I would be able to help you with today. We can try some troubleshooting to get this resolved, let's try a product reset and an HDMI reset.

Reset your system by following these steps:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off
  3. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again
  4. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots
  5. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system

To perform an HDMI reset:

1. Unplug all the power and HDMI cables
  2. Wait 30 seconds 
  3. Plug only the power back in
  4. Select TV source 
  5. Plug all the HDMI cables back in

@JB1970 is correct if after all the troubleshooting the issue still continues, you can try an optical connection.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

msteele74
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2020

I have a LS650 hooked with tv. Was watching tv and paused, then unpaused and no sound on tv. Checked the Blu-ray sound works and Soundtouch. Any idea?

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: ls650 tv sound stopped

Hi msteeles74,

Have you tried the troubleshooting posted in this thread already? If not I would definitely recommend you start by doing so to get your Lifestyle playing sound from your TV again.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nerdybobo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Lifestyle 650

Country

Australia 

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Sound Intermittently stops working through arc cable. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Issue has occurred a few times in the past but now its nearly every day.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Changed hdmi cable.

Restarted bose console.

Restarted TV 

Nerdybobo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

So the solution here is to replace the arc cable with an opticle one? Thats ridiculous. 

I have already gone through the trouble shooting steps and reset restarted a million times. Can someone clarify what the solution is here?