Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Lifestyle 650 Unresolved Issues

I’ve had the system for less than a year and the problems have not stopped surfacing. 
First, my ADAPTiq was inoperable with an error code 1. Bose sent me ELEVEN new headsets to test out and they were all giving the same error code. no resolution to this day. 
Then, my front left Omni Jewel speaker stopped working. I was told to troubleshoot by swapping speakers left to right. The right speaker still worked on the left side, so I know it’s not a wiring issue. The left speaker still did not work on the right side. (This is where it is funky... when I did the swap, it was out of phase and the tones still played “blank, center, right” even though the sound was coming out of the speaker wired to the left side.) Bose customer service told me that I needed to troubleshoot the speaker further by running through the ADAPTiq process. Low and behold, I cannot get that to work at all. So now I have a broken speaker and can’t get the right soundstage mapped for my room, effectively turning a $3,400 system into an overpriced sound bar. 

I did perform a system reboot and started the setup from scratch but that did not help at all. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle 650 Unresolved Issues

Hey Hayden,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience of your Lifestyle 650 system in the past year. This is not the kind of quality that we expect and I apologize that this is still unresolved. 

Could you please let me know the error code you are receiving when the ADAPTiQ procedure is failing? 

Let's ensure that your system is running the latest firmware version by completed the manual update procedure HERE.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hello, 

The error code has always been error code 1 for each of the twelve ADAPTiq headsets I have attempted to use. 

I have verified that the system is up to date using the OTA update and confirmed it against the update available for the alternate USB method. 

Highlighted

@Hayden C. Ok, thank you for letting me know. 

When you stated that you performed a system reboot, was this a power cycle reset or a factory defaults reset?

If you haven't completed a factory reset, please follow these steps to do so - Lifestyle 650 restoring factory defaults.

If you have, then just let me know and we can see what the next options are.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hi again, 

I have performed both a power cycle reset and a factory default reset and both issues persist. I still have no sound coming out of one Omni Jewel speaker and I cannot get ADAPTiq to work. It continues to throw an error code 1. I have swapped speakers around in all configurations and verified that the three other speakers work in the front left position. It is not a wiring issue. 

Highlighted

Hey Hayden,

Thanks for the update on this!

As we know the wiring to the front left is fine, and you've tried the speaker in the other positions and it still does not work even after doing this troubleshooting, it does sound like you need to replace the speaker.

IF this speaker was not working correctly before as well, it would explain why the AdaptIQ process was not working as well.

To get your speaker replaced, you will want to reach back out to your local support team as they will be able to help you with this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hello,

I reached out to my local customer support and was told they would need to speak to upper management for authorization to send me a new omnijewel speaker and console. I was told I would have resolution on the 11th and have still heard nothing back in the form of a phone call or an email. How long should I wait before bringing this up again? It’s very frustrating to have spent so much money for a top of the line system and the customer service not be on par with what should be a fairly simple process. 

The discussion and resolution on this forum has been much better than the live interaction and it’s very unfortunate. 

If I provide a reference number to the case, will I be able to get any more support from this forum?

Respectfully,

Hayden C. 

Hi Hayden C.

If you have not heard back from your local support team yet, I would recommend reaching back out to them again. 

We wouldn't be able to look into any service options with you on the forums sadly, so even with a reference number, I wouldn't be able to look into that. As this is a public forum designed for discussions and trouble-shooting support rather than services like this.

If you were having trouble with the support on the phones, depending on your country, you may be able to get assistance reaching out via chat support or social media if it is available. 

I understand the frustration given this has been going on for a while, but I'm sure your local support team will be able to get you up and running correctly soon!