Ph1L
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Re: Lifestyle 650 - Xbox One X and HDR flickering

PM's replied (haven't been able to login this account for days, "something went wrong")

Found FW version, through the SoundTouch app afterwards : 26.0.1

Jeff_G

Hi Ph1L, 

We've had some further information requested from the engineering team regarding your issue. Can you kindly confirm:

- They wanted to confirm the Xbox model. Is it an XBox One X, or an Xbox Series X (The newest one)?

- Does the issue occur when LG "Game Mode" is disabled?

- Our engineers recommended using HDMI ports 1-3 on the back of the 650 console for this setup. You mentioned you were using port 2, can you please test on all HDMI ports to check if there is a change in performance? 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ph1L
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Xbox One X

Changed HDMI port 2 to both port 1 & 3, same results. Restarting the console fixes the no video screen, when HDR gets activated.

Really looking forward to a fix for this!

Jeff_G

Hello Ph1L, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch and thank you for confirming. 

Can you please also confirm if the issue persists when LG Game Mode is disabled? We'll be happy to forward this information to our engineers for further investigation. 

Thanks!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Ph1L
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I don't think there's any game mode activation? Only HDR..

Jeff_G

The user manual (third party link) for the TV suggests there is a game mode. On the link, please navigate to Picture > Picture Mode for more information.

Picture modes present on the OLED65C7V should be:

• Vivid
  • Standard
  • Eco/APS
  • Cinema
  • Sports
  • Game
  • HDR Effect
  • Expert 

Thanks

Ph1L
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Aha, now I get what u mean.
Same issue, on each picture mode sadly 

Marvin_B

Hi Ph1L.

Thank you for the information again. We will add this to our points to be investigated by our Engineering team.

Keep in touch for future updates. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Stay safe!

Ph1L
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

The source did just change out of nowhere again, from Apple TV (HDMI 2 into Lifestyle box), to TV..

Marvin_B

Hi Ph1L.

Thank you for getting back to us. 

This might be happening because of the handshake between the Xbox and the Lifestyle 650. While we look into this further, can you contact Xbox team and see what they say about the issue.

Let us know and we appreciate your patience on the matter.