ahbradford
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Lifestyle 650 and HDMI 2.1

Hi all, 

I'm looking for any information about the Lifestyle 650, and future plans for HDMI 2.1. 

I do understand that the current 650 does not (and will not) support HDMI 2.1.

How has Bose usually handled this in the past?  Is there an upgrade path planned?  I remember reading somewhere there was an upgrade path from pre 650 to 650, but I just want to know if that's in the cards, or if I should look in to replacing the entire system (which would be a shame).

Thanks!

- Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle 650 and HDMI 2.1

Author Accepted Answer selected by ahbradford

Hi ahbradford,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

You are correct that the Lifestyle 650's HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2, rather than HDMI 2.1. As this is due to the hardware in the system, any support for HDMI 2.1 would only be possible with a new console.

We don't currently have any information to share about any possible new systems, or what if any upgrade paths would be available for them, so I would not be able to say whether this is something that is on the way or not. However, I will pass on your feedback to the development team that a Lifestyle system with HDMI 2.1 is something you would be interested in.

If you have any other suggestions or feature requests for what you would like to see from our products in the future, let us know as we always love to hear your feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by ahbradford

Hi ahbradford,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

You are correct that the Lifestyle 650's HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2, rather than HDMI 2.1. As this is due to the hardware in the system, any support for HDMI 2.1 would only be possible with a new console.

We don't currently have any information to share about any possible new systems, or what if any upgrade paths would be available for them, so I would not be able to say whether this is something that is on the way or not. However, I will pass on your feedback to the development team that a Lifestyle system with HDMI 2.1 is something you would be interested in.

If you have any other suggestions or feature requests for what you would like to see from our products in the future, let us know as we always love to hear your feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

ahbradford
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Sounds good.  Also, While HDMI 2.1 support is very much expected, I can easily get a different HDMI switch to handle that function, but I do feel that eARC would be a nice addition that would allow compatibility even beyond HDMI 2.1, optical is getting quite long in the tooth these days.

zebcreed
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2021

I would like to second and encourage you to indeed pass on your feedback to the development team that a Lifestyle system with HDMI 2.1 is something you would be interested in. What would be lovely is if we could actually just purchase an updated receiver unit and not have to drop the full 4 grand again! Fingers crossed that could happen. 

storkman
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2021

Agree..Bose needs to step up their game..not having products with HDMI 2.1 and/or E-ARC as a standard is not acceptable. I own an ST 300 & am unhappy with fact there is no plans to do firmware updates for EARC support at all. I want to purchase a product that has HDMI 2.1 and/or EARC but it appears I'll have to go somewhere else Bose to find that product.

storkman
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2021

Yes!! We need products that support EARC & Dolby Atmos etc..why would I want to spend $4000 on a LS650 system & not have HDMI 2.1/EARC support? Cmon Bose, step up your game..