brice@jiginvestments.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Lifestyle 650 bass module popping sound and front surround cutting out occassionally

My front speakers shut off sometimes leaving only the center speaker. Also the bass module is popping. I have two bass modules.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lifestyle 650 bass module popping sound and front surround cutting out occassionally

Hello, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the speakers and bass module on your Lifestyle 650, I would be more than happy to help you with this today. Firstly, to tackle both issues at the same time I would recommend resetting the system.

Perform a system reset by following these steps:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  4. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  5. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

Reset your control console by following these steps:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  4. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  5. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

Reset an Acoutimass 300 / Bass Module 700 by following these steps:

1. Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  4. Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

I would also recommend checking the EQ settings for the bass module in the Bose Music app, play around with a few of the settings to see if there is a difference. In regards to the sound cutting out, I would also be interested to know how you currently are connected and what devices you have connected to the system.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support