Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Lifestyle 650 rebooting randomly

Rebooting randomly in Soundtouch and Bluetooth mode. The Bose startup screen keep showing up at each random reboot. Have done a soft reset of console but to no avail.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lifestyle 650 rebooting randomly

Hi jingwei79,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Lifestyle 650. 

I'd like you to check the software version and update if necessary. You can check the version from any of the following options:

From the display on the remote control:

1. Be sure the system is on.
  2. On the remote, press the MORE button to view more remote functions through its display.
  3. Use the up and down arrow buttons the find and highlight the "AV Settings" option.
  4. Select the highlighted option by pressing OK.
  5. Select "System Info". The console firmware is the first item listed. The display will turn off after 10 seconds of inactivity.

In the SoundTouch App:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left.
  2. Choose "Settings" -> About".
  3. Select the desired system to view that system's information.

Once you have determined if you have the latest version (Firmware: v20.0.10), if you do not, follow these steps to perform the update:

1. Download the software update file for the system
    1. On a computer, open an Internet browser, go to www.bose.com/support
    2. Select your product and click the Manually updating your SoundTouch system link
    3. Use the appropriate download link in the article to obtain the update file for your system
    4. When prompted, click Save to save the Update.stu file to your computer's desktop (Note: If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for the Update.stu file in the footer or header of the browser window, or in the Downloads folder)
    5. Ensure the saved file name is "Update.avu" with a capital U. Regardless of its name on the Bose server, the update file must be renamed "Update.avu" for it to be detected by the SoundTouch system and the update to complete successfully

2. Copy the software update file onto a USB drive
    1. Insert a USB drive into a USB port on your computer.
    2. Copy the Update.avu file onto the USB drive.
    3. Eject the USB drive from the USB port.

3. Update your Lifestyle 650/600 system to the latest software version
    1. Press the "SETUP" key on the remote. (This brings up the UNIFY menu.)
    2. Select "Software Update" from the UNIFY menu.
    3. Insert the USB Drive into the rear of the console.
    4. Select "USB Update". (This will begin the update from the USB Drive.)
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    The above steps require the initial out-of-box setup steps to be completed first. In other words, "Software Update" > "USB Update" is only available from the UNIFY menu, which cannot be reached until the required initial out of box setup steps are complete.

Let me know how this goes, and I will be happy to discuss further options if need be.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I am already on the latest firmware, the issue still occur.

Highlighted

Hi jingwei79, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you checked to ensure that you are running the latest version of the SoundTouch app? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

All software and firmware relating to the console and also Soundtouch are on the latest version.

Highlighted

Hi Jingwei79, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I would recommend performing a product reset on the system, this usually can remove the system from the rebooting loop. 

This can be done via: 

• Keep the TV and control console on
  • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  • Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  • An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  • Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

That had also been done but to no avail

Highlighted

Hi jingwei79,

Thank you for testing that. We have exhausted the possible troubleshooting options and therefore I would strongly urge you to contact your local Customer Service center who can explain the service options for your Lifestyle 600. 

Contact details can be found HERE. Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G