Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Lifestyle 650 - sound dropping in and out

We have a Lifestyle 650 system purchased in April 2017. Worked perfectly well until approximately 4 months ago when suddenly the sound will drop in and out. You can hear it glitching and then occasionally it will drop out and sound like it’s underwater. You can still hear some sound but it’s muffled and very faint. Then it will work again. Totally random. Could go hours of use without an issue and other times it will begin happening within minutes of being turned on. Tried software updates, unplugging, resetting and none have completely resolved the issue. Always comes back. For a $7,000 system I would have expected excellent long term performance and we can’t afford to replace as speakers all hardwired in to media room. Please help us fix this problem! Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lifestyle 650 - sound dropping in and out

Hey Mortindi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Lifestyle 650. I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. 

Can you tell me if you notice the issue with a specific source device? Or is it pretty random?

I would recommend trying a different cable connecting your Lifestyle 650 to your TV.  

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!