Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acuity
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2021

Lifestyle 650 startup loop

Hi,

I have been using a Lifestyle 650 for about two years with no issues. Trying to update today (using auto update, not USB), I get into a startup loop. The system keeps trying to start, I see the Bose logo for a moment, then the screen turns black, then startup ring, then logo, etc.

I tried reset and restoring factory settings as explained here.

I also powered off the system for a few minutes and tried. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Best,

Julien

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Re: Lifestyle 650 startup loop

Hi Julien,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, we are very sorry to hear that you're experiencing a loop in the start up. 

A factory reset was a great initial step. Are you aware if the auto update that was performed on your system was successfully completed?

Do let us know so we can provide some appropriate troubleshooting.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
acuity
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2021

Hi,

I have no idea if the update succeeded. 

One more detail: last I checked for update was end of April, so before the problem I was running a fairly recent version.

Best,

Julien

Ben_E

@acuity

Hey Julien,

Thanks for your reply. I would suggest checking which firmware version is currently installed, however we can only do that once the system successfully starts up 🙂

Can you confirm that it was the following resets that you tried?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC2563/productCodes/ls_650/article.html

If none of these help, and if the system still won't successfully start no matter how you try to turn it on (console, remote or app), then an in-warranty repair of your Lifestyle 650 console will be required.

So that we can set this up for you, feel free to contact us by selecting your country of residence here:

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

You can then scroll down to the "Contact" option, to see the contact channels for where you live 🙂

Let us know what happens!

Best wishes

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
acuity
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2021

Hi,

Yes this is what I've tried. I'll try again given the system has been off for a few days, this may have helped.

I'll contact local support if it does not work.

Best,

Julien