Zstuart311
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

Lifestyle AV 18 no sound

I have a Factory Renewed Lifestyle AV 18 that recently stopped working.  Nothing was changed prior to the audio issue that I am aware of.  I did connect a set of headphones to the side of the console and was able to get sound from that audio jack.  While doing additional trouble shooting I noticed that the LED indicator wasn’t illuminated on the subwoofer. I was able to hook up another working PS28III subwoofer and the sound issue was still present. No audio or light illuminated on the sub.  My next step was to use a volt meter to check the electrical output on the 9 pin cable. On the cable end I found the 7th pin was providing 5v while on or off and the 8th pin was supplying 10v while on.  When I switched the cable end to end and plugged it back into the console the output on pin 7 was reduced to 3.3v and pin 8 was suppling 9.9v.  Checking the output directly from the console the 6th pin supplied 5v while on or off and the 7th pin supplied 10v when on.  Does this sound like a cable or console issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle AV 18 no sound

Hi Zstuart311,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It's interesting that you had the same problem when you connected a different subwoofer to the console, as no lights showing at all on the console does mean it has no power. When you connected the second subwoofer to the console, did you plug it in with the same power cord, or into the same outlet as the original subwoofer? If so, it would be worth testing a new power cord and another power outlet to make sure the subwoofer is definitely receiving enough power.

Also, what system did the other subwoofer come from? If you were to connect the subwoofer from your Lifestyle to this other system, would it work correctly with the other system?

I look forward to hearing back from you?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Zstuart311
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

The lifestyle console appears to be working properly when powering on and selecting various sources. The only sound I am able to hear is when the head phones are plugged into the jack on the side of the console.

I did plug the subwoofer into a different power outlet before I tried a completely different subwoofer.  The other subwoofer I used was from a lifestyle 28 model that came with its own power cord. I had the same results when I hooked it up to the 9 pin cable coming from the “main” output on the console.  Unfortunately, I currently only have the one console so I can’t verify that the original subwoofer is working.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Vicky_W

Hello Zstuart311, I am so sorry you are having this issue. As the system is not receiving power, and we are unable to complete troubleshooting, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your console. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!