Lorentz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Lifestyle AV38 from 2008 - difficulties to re-calibrate sound & look for latest firmware update

I have rearranged the place where I have my Lifestyle 38 system. I use it as sound system and 5.1 sound for my TV and AppleTV. Now I would like to re-do the sound calibration with the AdaptiQ DVD and "head gear".

After inserting the DVD and following the instructions on the screen it starts the base module sound but it does not proceed to the next step in the sound calibration. 

Any suggestions on how solve my problem with the sound calibration? And my second question; what is the latest firmware update for LS38 from 2008 (version with VS-2 extender)? 

Grateful for any suggestions how I can get my highly appreciated LS38 back to its full glory. 

Lorentz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle AV38 from 2008 - difficulties to re-calibrate sound & look for latest firmware upd

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lorentz

Hi Lorentz, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

I'm glad to hear that the reset has resolved your issues with AdapiQ and you're now calibrated for your new set up!

Regarding the update disc, if you are looking to update the firmware of your console, you will need to get in contact with your local technical support team to see if they can send an update disc out for you. To do this, click the LINK HERE select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle AV38 from 2008 - difficulties to re-calibrate sound & look for latest firmware update

Hi Lorentz,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble running AdaptIQ on your Lifestyle and I would be happy to help with this.

When we are trying to run AdaptIQ and it stops, does the system give us any specific error message or error code? It would be useful to know if it did as these codes can help us work out what is stopping the process from running correctly.

Something I would definitely recommend we try to start with, would be resetting the console of the Lifestyle, then testing the system. To do this we need to:

• Turn the media center off and wait until "Saving your music information" disappears from the display
  • Disconnect the media center and VS-2 power cords from the power outlets
  • After 30 seconds, reconnect the power cord
  • Wait for the words "Bose Lifestyle" to appear and disappear from the display.

The latest firmware for your Lifestyle 48 console should be Version 050108.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Lorentz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Lifestyle AV38 from 2008 - difficulties to re-calibrate sound & look for latest firmware upd

Thanks for your response Keith,

To reset and restart my LS38IV solved the issue I had with the ADAPTiQ. I managed to complete the calibration process successfully after following your instructions. 

But when looking at the software update disc I have it says Project no. 10105. Thus I would really like to know how to get access to the latest firmware update for my system. Could you please advise whom to contact for that. 

Thanks

Lorentz

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lorentz

Hi Lorentz, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

I'm glad to hear that the reset has resolved your issues with AdapiQ and you're now calibrated for your new set up!

Regarding the update disc, if you are looking to update the firmware of your console, you will need to get in contact with your local technical support team to see if they can send an update disc out for you. To do this, click the LINK HERE select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Lorentz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Thanks for your support!

Lorentz