Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Lifestyle Model 20 - upgrading?

We have a 16 year old Lifestyle Model 20, connected to our tv and still producing lovely sound. It also connects to our turntable for old-fashioned vinyl which we don’t want to lose.

But these days a lot of our music is on our devices rather than cds which we currently can’t play through the system.

What would you recommend we do to allow for streaming and Bluetooth connectivity?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle Model 20 - upgrading?

Hi CharlotteS,

Welcome to the community! I'm glad to hear you are still enjoying the sound of your Lifestyle system and I'd be happy to help you get it a little more modernized!

A good choice for making your system able to stream music via Bluetooth and over your Wi-Fi network would be the Wireless Link Adapter. This adapter will connect to one of the audio inputs on your console, like your record player does, and allow you to connect with your other devices using the SoundTouch app, Bluetooth, and with the latest update Airplay 2 as well! 

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Thank you - that’s a fantastic solution 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Unfortunately the wireless link is now unavailable. Anybody know when it will be available again?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You might find one on eBay.