Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Lifestyle Rc-5 remote

I acquired older lifestyle remote at a yard sale and was wondering if it is a universal type remote. It has dip switches behind the battery cover for different frequencies settings.
I have other Bose equipment including a Solo TV surround and a SoundDock Two that doesn’t have a remote control, I was wondering if this remote could control these two items.
Thanks for any help
Shuppy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle Rc-5 remote

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Shuppy,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. 

The RC-5A remote is compatible with the Lifestyle 11 home theatre system and does not contain the capability to be programmed to other devices. 

Do you require new remote controls for your two systems? We would be more than happy help you with this. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Shuppy,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. 

The RC-5A remote is compatible with the Lifestyle 11 home theatre system and does not contain the capability to be programmed to other devices. 

Do you require new remote controls for your two systems? We would be more than happy help you with this. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

My remote control model RC-5A has died.  The system is working perfectly but I need a new remote...am told Bose no longer manufacturers  this model.  Are there any other remotes that will work with the system?  I do not need a new system, just a new remote.