Highlighted
Artof_War
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Lifestyle T20 Audio/Video Issues

Hello. I've recently noticed issues with my Lifestyle T20 audio and video. There is intermittent audio popping as well as video distortion. I could never identify a pattern for when it ocurred. Now the screen is blank when trying to use any of the various inputs (gaming console, cable, etc.). It appears to detect the signal (video and sound type), but nothing displays. For example with cable, once powered up the screen will intermittently blink blue, then back to black. I can also see an image after pressing the Setup button on the console.

I've tried various troubleshooting steps, and none work:

1. Different TV input for the BOSE console
  2. Different HDMI cables
  3. Reseting the console by pressing the power button for 5 seconds

I then plugged one of my devices directly into the TV and did not have any audio/video issues. Can someone advise on an approriate next step? It appears to be narrowed to the console itself, so I'm hoping there is some way to "factory reset" it or other step I haven't tried. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lifestyle T20 Audio/Video Issues

Hello @Artof_War !

Welcome to our Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your T20, and thankful for the steps that you've already done here regarding the cables and reset.

You're correct that there is a Factory Reset option for this system, and it would be my first suggestion following the above!

With the exception of the ADAPTiQ audio calibration settings, this reset erases all settings and returns your system to its default out-of-box state. To perform this reset, first power off your system, then on the back of the system console, disconnect the power cord. On the front of the system console, simultaneously press and hold the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord. Continue holding the buttons until the Bose logo appears twice on the TV screen. From here, you will need to pair the remote control with your system once again.

To pair this, the system needs to be on, and you would need to simultaneously press and hold the OK button on the remote control and the Mute button on the system console for five seconds until the console light blinks. You can see a video here for how to do this if you're unsure!

If you have an empty USB Drive, once you've set this up, please update the console by pressing Setup on the console, then scrolling to Update using the remote control. Select Yes to begin the updates. If you don't have an empty USB drive, please skip this step.

Please get back to me with an update on this 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Artof_War
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hey Liam. I’m following the instructions, but I’m not sure if it’s working. I unplug the power cord, then press the Source and Volume Up/Down buttons. The console starts in the Setup menu, but my remote still works.

How can I be sure it was restored to factory defaults?

Artof_War
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Never mind. I see now that you just meant the Volume Down button. Working through it now and will update.