Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Lifestyle® V10 home theater system Update

I have a Lifestyle® V10 home theater system. Speakers are great. What I'm wondering is if I can keep the existing speakers I have and update the media center? I just want a new "brain". For example the Lifestyle 600 system minus the speakers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Lifestyle® V10 home theater system Update

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Mike Smith wrote:

I have a Lifestyle® V10 home theater system. Speakers are great. What I'm wondering is if I can keep the existing speakers I have and update the media center? I just want a new "brain". For example the Lifestyle 600 system minus the speakers.

The Lifestyle products are designed as a complete system. Mixing and matching is not advised or even possible. Adding a “new brain” to 10 year old speakers is really putting good money after bad in so far as you are adding a new control centre to old speakers and doing a lot of questionable modifications in the process. 

Looking at the V10 system specifically it was a pretty capable system, in 2010. Compared with a modern Lifestyle 600 a lot of the features have been dropped like FM radio. However 4K passthrough has been added and of course SoundTouch. The speakers connectors are different on the two models as well. 

If you are looking to add SoundTouch to your system the SoundTouch adaptor is an affordable option. 4K is achieved by connecting your video source directly to your TV and running an optical cable to your V10.

If you are looking to freshen up your gear I would suggesting heading to your nearest Bose store and auditioning the new models.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Lifestyle® V10 home theater system Update

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Mike Smith wrote:

The Lifestyle products are designed as a complete system. Mixing and matching is not advised or even possible. Adding a “new brain” to 10 year old speakers is really putting good money after bad in so far as you are adding a new control centre to old speakers and doing a lot of questionable modifications in the process. 

Looking at the V10 system specifically it was a pretty capable system, in 2010. Compared with a modern Lifestyle 600 a lot of the features have been dropped like FM radio. However 4K passthrough has been added and of course SoundTouch. The speakers connectors are different on the two models as well. 

If you are looking to add SoundTouch to your system the SoundTouch adaptor is an affordable option. 4K is achieved by connecting your video source directly to your TV and running an optical cable to your V10.

If you are looking to freshen up your gear I would suggesting heading to your nearest Bose store and auditioning the new models.

View solution in original post