Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Lifestyle V25 Flickering with Cable Box only

I have a Lifestyle V25 with a Frontier FIOS cable box (Arris VMS1100) connected via HDMI.  Recently, the video on our Samsung TV (Model UN65KS800DF) has started to flicker.  Only the cable box video source flickers, other sources (Apple TV, Blue Ray Player) plugged into the V25 (HDMI) act appropriately (sound/video).

This setup has not changed for over 3 years, and Frontier sent a technician out because we thought it was the cable box.  I updated the software on the V25 and replaced all the cables without success.  Deleted the source from the V25 and reconnected without success.  

The flicker goes away if I connect the cable box to the V25 with component cables, but I lose the high definition. UGH!!

Anyone have any solutions, besides connecting the cable box directly to the TV and sending an optical cable back to the V25?  This is the current fix, but I can't stand the fact that Bose system information cannot be viewed on the TV (sound volume, setup, source, etc...).  

Current setup is all external sources (Cable, Apple TV, Blue Ray) connected to V25 via HDMI.  The V25 then sends video/audio to the TV via an HDMI.  The TV then sends audio back to the V25 via optical.

• Console
    • Software Version:  DEF.02.21.00.r13184
  • Acoustimass Module
    • Software Version: 010900
  • LPM
    • Firmware Version:  02.21.00 -E
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle V25 Flickering with Cable Box only

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the video from you V25. I'll do all I can to assist you!

Have you tried a different HDMI port on the back of your V35?

I would also recommend popping one of your devices which are functioning correctly into the HDMI port your cable box is connected to. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

I moved the cable box HDMI to another rear port on the V25 and it worked.  BUT, only for a short time, then the flickering came back.  

Yet, if I turn everything off and on, the flickering goes away for a period of time.

Any other ideas???

Highlighted

Hi Osepulvedaiii,

Thanks for coming back to me! 

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved your issue. 

Were you able to try your cable box in one of the ports that you know works with your other sources? 

Let me know!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear on what I did in my previous reply.  

I first deleted all sources from the Bose V25.  Then I moved the Cable Box HDMI to HDMI 2 and it worked for awhile and then began to flicker.  

I also moved the Apple TV from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 and it works without any problems.

So, the problem is not the HDMI port since the Apple TV works on any HDMI port.  AND the Cable Box still has issues when moved to other HDMI ports.

Highlighted

Hi, 

Thank you so much for confirming!

This is definitely a strange issue you are experiencing.

Can you tell me if your cable box is 4K? This could be causing some resolution issues as the V25 does not support 4K. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Our Frontier Fios Set-Top Box is not 4k.

PLUS,  we've had the same set-top box, tv, Bose combination for over 3 years.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for confirming this information.

It's difficult to determine where the issue lies as you have tried multiple HDMI ports on the Lifestyle system and were able to replicate the issue across all tested ports, where your other sources worked fine, suggesting there are no issues with the V25, however, connecting the Fios box directly to your TV seemed to resolve the issue. 

Going back to your original post, you mentioned that a component connection resolved the issue. I can confirm component (not to be confused with composite)  can support signals of up to 1080p which if your Fios box is not 4K, should be perfect for your setup so using this would be the best solution if you still wish to see on-screen information from the V25 system.  

I hope this helps, 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I have had the same problem.  I have two V25 units.  One of them started flickering and got worse with black screen, intermittent loss of sound but mostly picture.  I replaced the cable box but the problem persisted.   I tried 4 different HDMI cables, no luck.  Finally, I moved to component video with an audio optical cable.  That fixed the problem.  I never moved it to another HDMI receptacle as you did.  I believed it to be a faulty HDMI receptacle in the Bose unit.  And yes, all my other components worked fine (DVD and Apple TV). Now my second unit is having the same problem.  The issue with my second unit is the wiring is in the wall so I'd like to find another solution without losing 1080.  The wires in both units have been connected for over 10 years.  Any ideas?  Stan F.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2020

My system started having the same problem with the cable box also. I have also tried cables and moving the input from the cable box to a different input on the Bose with no luck. I have found that if I disconnect the output to the tv hdmi cable from the back of the Bose system and plug it back in while everything is on, the problem goes away until the next morning and I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in again to fix the problem. It also fixes the problem, again temporarily, if I disconnect and reconnect the cable at the TV. It is like a synchronization problem. It just started out of the blue one day.