Lifestyle V25 connect Sony XBR-65X900E

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Lifestyle V25 connect Sony XBR-65X900E

Hello, I am trying to connect my Lifestyle V25 to a Sony XBR-65X900E TV. 

When all is what Inthink connected the way it should be, all I see on the screen is AM or FM choices, no TV. I connected via HDMI cable. There are several HDMI ports and I used one next to the other inputs.

Also, so far the sound coming from the LS V25 is only white noise with nothing from speakers while the Sony sound hasn’t changed, it continues to come from the TV.

I am quite sure I am missing a simple fix but not sure which one ; ) 

Can you help? 

6 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: Lifestyle V25 connect Sony XBR-65X900E

I changed the tv hdmi port to an arc port, but still only get the ‘system info’ page. 

Also, do I need an optical input cable? None came with the Bose lifestyle 25 so I assumed not.

thank you

Hello amarynow! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty, but am glad to help. The Lifestyle V25 does not have HDMI(ARC), so the audio signal will have to be sent to the media console via optical input. You will need to connect a digital optical cable from the digital audio output on your TV to the port labeled "Optical TV Audio IN" on the Lifestyle media console. That should get the sound to your Lifestyle system. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thank you Greg,

There are HDMI ports in the V25, and one says HDMI out to TV... and my TV has an ARC HDMI. This is pretty confusing. But, it doesn’t work, I only get AM/FM, or a system information picture when it is hooked up. I can get the USB to be recognized but it doesn’t update from it. 

I thought I had hooked it up using an HDMI before but it has been a long time.

Can you,clarify what the cable I need look like? I am looking the term up on different electronics sites and the choices are huge!  Sorry, I am not the best at all this. 

Thanks so much,

AMarynow

Audible Advocate

Hello Greg. Or anyone... 806F0E9C-3658-4928-8D72-60341CF2DCE6.jpeg4C0AF75D-C528-49C8-B111-0BCCE7112B91.jpegI just connected using a Digital Toslink fiber optic cable. I am getting a message to switch to the video from my tv tuner. When I try to do that, the video links are not available, or are not illuminated for me to choose them. Here are pics..l guess I am getting closer. I hope? 

Audible Advocate

E5FEE72C-6E98-49EF-BA52-90129F903322.jpegBack of Sony TV

Audible Advocate

Hello Greg, I am not sure how you get notified or if you will get notified about my comments. Just sending this one to see if you get notified better if I respond directly to your post. Please see my pics and questions if you would. Thanks so much

amarynow