Highlighted
Q44Q
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Lifestyle V30 expanding main room

I am moving to a new house and the speakers can not be placed ideally in the main room (no open room layout). Is it possible to add additional speakers to the main room via Boselink that play stream 1, too and that are controlled with the same main remote (for example a SA-3 or a Homewide Powered Speaker System)?- I am thinking of changing the room switches of the expansion product to room A and setting-up the speakers as a secondary not primary unit.- Or is room A for expansion products not possible at all?- Would the expansions products be listening to audio stream 2 in such a setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Q44Q
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Re: Lifestyle V30 expanding main room

Author Accepted Answer selected by Q44Q

Hello Keith,

thank you for your answer. I think I have no other possibility than to do it this way round.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Q44Q, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

It's great to see that you already have so much knowledge of expansion using BoseLink! I have included a LINK HERE to some manuals which also include some expansion manuals which should assist you. 

In terms of remotes, you will need a separate remote to control each room of expansion. The most popular is the PMC II (personal music center II), I manual for this is included in the link I added earlier.

You can start programming rooms from room B as room A is your main room. You will be able to play either Stream 1 or Stream 2 on your expansion system. 

If there is anything else you need, please reach out to me again!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Q44Q
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hello Jessie,

thank you for your answer.

I know that I can add additional rooms to my set-up. However I would just like to add additional speakers to my main room, room A. Is this really not possible?- This would mean that the main room is the only room that can not be extended with more than one amplifier.- Is it really this way round?- If yes: I would need more than one remote just for my main room...

Hi Q44Q,

Thank you for clarifying that for us. 

You would not be able to add additional speakers to the main room directly, room A is for the Lifestyle system itself which is a fixed 5.1 system.

You could add the additional speakers as room B and get them playing the same stream as room A to add more speakers into this setup.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Q44Q
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Q44Q

Hello Keith,

thank you for your answer. I think I have no other possibility than to do it this way round.

View solution in original post