Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Lifestyle V35 - No signal to TV

Hi All

Plugged HDMI from console to TV and nothing comes up on the screen. Tried powering down (hold power button) , factory reset (hold source and setup), replaced cables, checked outputs from other devices bypassing Bose (signal good), tried a different TV, but still no signal to TV. 

Does anybody have some potential solutions to getting the signal from the console to the TV? 

Cheers

Luke 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle V35 - No signal to TV

Hi Luke, Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your V35 and the video signal. I'll be happy to help you! 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hiya 

Yes, tried the supplied Bose cable, cable currently working on apple TV and a new cable. 

Non of them worked. 

I would really like to get the system up and running again, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Luke 

Highlighted

@lukecox25 Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this.

Is this the first time setting up the system or has this previously worked for you? If so, have you changed TVs at all or just randomly happened?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hi Charlotte

The house we bought came with the system and it was working on the owners TV.

We have tried the system with our Panasonic (circa 5 yrs old) and new Smart TV without success.

We can get the radio to work, just not the signal to the TV.

Cheers

Luke

Highlighted

Hi lukecox25,

Thanks for letting us know that!

When you have your TV set to the input the Lifestyle is connected to, will the system menu show on the TV screen when you press the More button on the remote?

As this is the first time being used with these TVs, it is possible that the previous owner had the resolution set to something that your TVs don't like. You can change the resolution in 2 ways.

If the system menu mentioned above does show then you would want to:

• On the remote control, press the More button
  • Scroll right to select Options, then press the OK button
  • Scroll down to Video Output
  • Scroll left or right to select a resolution
  • Press the Exit button to exit the menu.

If it doesn't show you can use the buttons on the console:

• Power on your system
  • On the system console, press and hold the Setup button until the console LED glows
  • Press the Source button to scroll through the video resolutions settings. The console light shows the selected setting:
    • 480p: Solid yellow
    • 720p: Solid red
    • 1080i: Blinking red
    • 1080p: This setting can only be selected from the system menu (see instructions above)
  • Press the Setup button to exit.

Give these different resolutions a test and see if any allow you to get video on your TV. As you have relatively new TVs I would suspect that 720 or 1080 would be the most likely to work for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hi Keith

Alas, this didn't fix the issue. 

Because we have no signal to the TV I worked through the console to change the solution. 

Any more ideas are greatly welcome. 

Cheers

Luke.

Highlighted

Hi Luke,

Thank you for trying that - sorry it did not help.

To confirm, what are you trying to play on your TV through the console? Have you tried making a direct connection to the TV from that device to check that it is working correctly?

Also, could you attempt a reset on the system, with the following:

1. Turn the control console off
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  3. Release the Power button
  4. Retest the system

Do let me know if you're noticing any improvement.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hi Sam

I have tried the Re-start at the beginning of this problem solving exercise, didn't work.

I've also tried the factory re-set on the console and handset.

Out of interest the handset is now in Chinese, can we get this back to English?

What is the next test, to get the console working?

Thanks for your help

Luke

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Luke,

It sounds like we're beginning to run out of troubleshooting steps that we can take, and there may be a hardware fault with the system which is restricting the ability for the system to output video - especially as we're also unable to view the system's built-in settings interface. Here's a link to the typical steps that we would recommend in this instance, many of which you have already worked through.

It may sound silly, but have you tried using different HDMI input ports on your tv, and testing all of the available HDMI input sources from within the TV's interface itself?

My final recommendation would be to attempt to manually update the firmware for your console. To do this, visit our guide HERE.

To adjust the language selection of the system, you will need access/visibility to the settings interface on the screen. I have known people to attempt this "blind", without the screen if circumstances need be. For your reference, the following steps are how to change the system language:

1. On the system console, press the Setup button
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
  2. On the remote control, press the OK button to select Language
    Tip: If Language is not selected, scroll down to select it, then press the OK button
  3. Scroll up or down to select a language, then press the OK button
  4. Press the Exit button to exit the menu.

If you do continue to have difficulties, please contact Bose support in your region to explore service options for your system. Click HERE, select your location, and use the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page.