Lifestyle V35 Shutting Off frequently.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Lifestyle V35 Shutting Off frequently.

Hi,

We have noted V35 is turning off very frequently, some times it will not Turn On immediately and it takes quite long.

I did a test by tuning off remote (removing batteries) but issue is same. 

Updated software through USB and is same. 

Can you please advise how can i fix this issue. It seems looking at this forum there are several issues on Bose Home Theatre console. Please advise if there is any fix found to solve this issue or not.

Thanks,

CS.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lifestyle V35 Shutting Off frequently.

Hello CSBV35, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Lifestyle V35. You have tried some great troubleshooting steps so far, and I would like to work through some more with you, if that's ok? 

Could you please try resetting your control console by following these steps:

1. Turn the control console off.
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off.
  3. Release the Power button.
  4. Retest the system.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I am having the same issues with our Lifestyle V35 System.  I've tried all troubleshooting techniques recommended here in the community with no luck.  Are there any other suggestions?  It sounds like there are numerous people having a similar issue.

Hi there @DebbieLB and welcome to the Community!

When you say you've tried all of the troubleshooting here, can I confirm that you've done all of the following?

• Checked that all the cables were connected securely, and that none of these were damaged in any way.
  • Checked and confirmed that the ports were clear from build-up or debris.
  • Performed a product reset by leaving this disconnected from power for 60 seconds then reconnecting this.
  • Performed a factory reset by disconnecting the power cord, simultaneously pressing and holding the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord, keeping the buttons held until the Bose Logo appears twice on the TV.
  • Checked this against another power outlet.
  • Ensured that the Automatic Off function was disabled for the Bose system.
  • Updated your V35 to the latest software version.
  • Disabled any CEC settings on the TV. This may be labelled differently depending on the TV model, such as "Anynet+" or "Simplink".

If you have done all of the above and are still having issues, please reach out to Bose Support in your area by clicking the link, choosing your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page.

If you hadn't done some of the above and are unsure how to do this, please let me know and I will happily guide you through those step(s).

I hope this helps!

Liam W

Silent Starter

Thank you Liam.

I've previously tried all suggestions except the factory reset.  

I just completed the factory reset (the V35 kept resetting and would not restart, I had to unplug for 60s a second time with success) in addition to replacing the HDMI cable to the DirectTV satelite box.  So far everything seems to be working.  Fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

Silent Starter

This fix lasted for about 3 weeks.  We are now back to the system shutting down every 5 minutes.   Extremely frustrated!!!!

Hello DebbieLB,

I am sorry to hear that your issue has returned.

As you have performed all of the troubleshooting mentioned, I would advise that you contact your local customer service team to discuss service options for your system.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G