Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Lifestyle V35 compatibility with 4K UHD and Dolby Atmos?

I purchased my V35 system 6 years ago and absolutely love it but having just upgraded my projector, I now want to change my movie player. I'm a bit torn between Nvidia's Shield TV Pro and the Firestick 4K. Both feature Dolby Atmos but I believe only the Shield supports 3D (SBS and TB).

Being newer technology, will the V35 be compatible with Dolby Atmos and 4K, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle V35 compatibility with 4K UHD and Dolby Atmos?

Hi LiquidA,

The Lifestyle V35 is compatible with video formats up to 1080p and Uncompressed PCM 5.1, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio. So sadly would not be compatible with 4k or Dolby Atmos.

You can still use 4K devices with the system, but you would not be able to take full advantage of the extra video quality.

If you are using Nvidia Shield TV, or Firestick 4k with your projector, you may be able to connect the video output directly to your projector and then run the audio from the projector to the V35, but this would depend on if the devices and projector would support this. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Thanks for your reply Keith.

I guess that Bose must have introduced a newer system that is both 4K and Dolby Atmos compatible so, would I be able to just change the amplifier and retain my existing Acoustimass speakers, and if so, which amplifier would you recommend for this task, please?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No.  Bose systems are not mix and match.  Bose has no Dolby Atmos systems.  Their latest/greatest system is the Bose Lifestyle 650 which is a 5.1 Dolby Digital system.

Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Why has Bose chosen not to embrace Dolby 7.1 surround sound?