djshoots
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Lifestyle V35 compatibility

I own a Lifestyle V35 system and Bose outdoor speakers supported by the SA-3 amplifier.  Are these two units compatible?  I'd like to combine the two and place my Lifestyle system in my outdoor kitchen area.  The kitchen area is roofed/well covered.  If compatible how do I go about connecting the two?  

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Tegan_M

Re: Lifestyle V35 compatibility

Hello djshoots, 

Thanks for reaching out, we would love to look into any available options for you. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what outdoor product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
djshoots
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

A pair of 251 environmental speakers

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this djshoots. 

Yes, I can confirm that these two are compatible. I will happily do what I can to provide you with instructions for your setup. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information. What do you already have connected to your SA-3? Can you also confirm the remote control you have with your Lifestyle V35?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
djshoots
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

There are some issues online with the Bose community.  For some reason it shows I accepted your last reply as the solution.  But I need more direction to complete my set up

im sorry for the confusion.  Thanks again. 

djshoots
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

The remote is a RC35T-L

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hi Djshoots,

Is this the first time you're attempting to set up and connecting the two systems together, or have they been previously connected? To open, the Lifestyle V35 should not be used in outdoor environments as noted in your first post. The SA-3 amplifier should also be located indoors, but can then be wired to your outdoor speakers.

You'll need an expansion remote to control the SA-3 amplifier - typically an RC35S2 or a PMCIII. Do you have either of these? If this is the first time you're attempting to set this up, you may find it easier to call in to our support team, due to the age of the systems. 

Bose Link can be used to send audio from the Lifestyle system to the connected SA-3 system. You'll need a Bose Link cable to physically connect the two systems together, as noted below.

You will then need to program the room codes. Firstly, on the SA-3.

1. Set switches 6, 7, 8, and 9 to the desired Room Code. The default setting is room B - 9 up and 6, 7 and 8 down
  2. Switch A sets the amplifier to play in Mono or Stereo:
    1. For Stereo, set switch A to the up position. This is the default setting
    2. For Mono, set switch A to the down position

3. Switch B determines if the amplifier's AUX input should be activated by the automatic detection of the incoming audio signal:
    1. For local source auto-detection, set switch B to the up position. When the local source connected to AUX input is turned on, the amplifier will automatically turn on and play the AUX input audio
    2. For AUX input activation by remote only, set switch B to the down position. This is the default setting
    The device connected to the AUX input will only play through this amplifier. The volume of the local source is controlled by the expansion remote unless a volume control (VCA) is connected and on

4. Switch C determines if the amplifier is in single amp mode or supplemental amp mode:
    1. Switch C in the down position selects single amp mode. This is the default setting. As you're only using one SA-3 with the Lifestyle, this should remain down.
    2. Switch C in the up position selects supplemental amp mode. The amp should only be set to this mode only if sharing a room code with a Lifestyle Homewide system or another SA2 or SA3 amplifier

Following this, ensure the remote's room codes are set. 

If you have the RC352S:

1. Remove the battery cover from the back of the remote
  2. Switches 1-4 determine the house code for the expansion room remote. They should not need to be changed as both the console and remote are set to House Code 15 (1, 2, 3 and 4 up) from the factory
  3. Switch 5 can be left in either the up or down position. This switch does not have any function
  4. Switches 6-9 determine the Room Code. Set the position of these switches to match the Room Code of the expansion product to be controlled
  5. Replace the battery cover

If you have the PMCIII:

1. Be sure the console is running software version 01.07.00 or greater
  2. Press the Setup button on the PMCIII
  3. Tip the Navigation bar down to highlight the Room Code option, then press the Right Arrow button
  4. Highlight the Room Code that matches the room code of the expansion product and press the Navigation bar in to select it
  5. Press the Left Arrow button to exit the Setup menu

If the remote does not activate the expansion room, the default house code and/or house code mode may have changed. Try setting the remote to House Code 0 (switches 1, 2, 3 and 4 down). You may also need to associate the remote to the system.

More info on room code settings can be found from our website HERE.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
djshoots
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Thanks so much!  

Last question.  How will the integration of a bose soundtouch wireless link adapter affect the systems functionalities?  I'm considering including the link adapter to enhance my systems use.  

Vicky_W

Hey djshoots, 

Adding the adapter will not affect the functionality of the system, it will just enhance it to add the features that the adapter provides. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!