Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Lifestyle V35 stuck in startup/update

Dear help,

My lifestyle V35 has the problem of being stuck in startup/update. I tried to update it manually with the USB port in the front of the control console, with an USB in the wireless adapter, and with an USB cable in the wireless adapter. It keeps being stuck on the image below, with the green light flashing. The reset also did not help (5 second power button hold). 

What can I do?

Kind regards,

Paul

20190816_161108.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Lifestyle V35 stuck in startup/update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi @Paul_heineman and thanks for following up.

I'm sorry to hear this. At this point, I would advise that you reach out to Bose Support directly here, by selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

This team will be able to assist you further with service options if required.

Please let me know if you have any questions or updates!

Liam W

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @Paul_heineman

Welcome to our Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had using your V35 and would be happy to advise here!

In order to do so, can I ask for the following please?

1) When you tried the USB update, did this load correctly, or did you encounter any error messages?

2) As you already tried the manual reset using the power button, can I ask that you disconnect the power cable, wait 30-60 seconds, then reconnect this and check if this loads then?

3) If not already done so, can you please replace the cables used in your setup and try this again?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Hi Liam, 

Thank you for your response,  we already tried to disconnect the power cable, and the cables are not the problem. 

When I tried the USB in the console nothing happened, I had most success with the USB cable,  but the process bar stopped at 10 every time I tried.  (This is also not stated on the Bose website as one of the ways to manually update).

With the USB in the front I have the problem that I can't go through the menu since the system only shows the image in my first post. 

Hopefully you know more than me. 

Paul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again @Paul_heineman and thanks for following up!

At this point, I would recommend that you try a factory reset of the product. To do this, power off your system and disconnect the power cord from the back of the system console. 

Following this, on the front of the system console, simultaneously press and hold the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord. Please continue holding the buttons until the Bose logo appears twice on the TV screen.

If this doesn't appear after 60 seconds and you're still getting the original logo, please release both buttons.

If this reset is successful, please re-pair the remote and test the system. If this reset is not successful, please let me know!

Please return to me at your convenience!

Liam W

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Hi Liam,  when I try that the system again goes directly to the same picture,  also after 60-75 seconds.  I think the problem is that I can't shut down the system,  not via the buttons on the front or the remote. I can only make the red light (system off) appear by removing the power cable and plugging it back in,  and then do the process you described. Whenever I connect power, the system goes in start up mode and shows that image.

Kind regards, 

Paul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi @Paul_heineman and thanks for following up.

I'm sorry to hear this. At this point, I would advise that you reach out to Bose Support directly here, by selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

This team will be able to assist you further with service options if required.

Please let me know if you have any questions or updates!

Liam W

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Hey,

I just have the same problem.

Do you have the solution?

I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Thanx a lot!!

greetz Hannes

Highlighted

Hello dutjexx, 

Thanks for joining the discussion.

I'm sorry to hear you are also having issues with your V35 system. If you have tried all of the recommendations in the previous posts, I would encourage you to reach out to local support as per Liam W's last post. The local team will be able to discuss your options for service. 

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.