Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Lifestyle V35 system update issue

I am trying to run a system update. As instructions state, I run system update on the lifestyle system after i insert USB drive. i then place the USB drive in my computer running windows 10. I click on the launcher file. It opens a browser and has be select my country. After that, it takes me to the general support page and doesn't continue with the process.

how do I update the system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Lifestyle V35 system update issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itjunky
15 REPLIES 15

Hello Itjunky,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems updating your Lifestyle V35 system. 

Could you please confirm that the USB you are using is empty? Are you following these steps? >> Performing a system update

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Yes. Flash drive was formatted prior and those are the instructions I am following. 

Hello Itjunky,

Thanks for confirming this.

Could you please try using an alternative web browser?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I have already tried chrome and explorer

Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itjunky

Hi ItJunky, 

Thanks for reaching out and updating us. 

If you need any assistance in the future please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Hi,  I just wanted to says thanks, this was very helpful as I just had the same problem you did while trying to update my system.  It's only too bad that  you had to provide the answer to your own question.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

I am having the same problem.  When I downloaded the bose control console update in the link it is stating that "a file that is necessary to run this application is not accessible".  I have already done the update on the tv with the usb port in my computer

Hi Dickenson,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to run the updater and would be happy to help with this.

When you are trying to launch the application, where have we saved the file? Is it saved to your USB drive or elsewhere?

Also what type of computer are we using, is this a Windows or a Mac?

Kind Regards,

Keith L