timsamsony
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Lifestyle V35 with SA3 amplifier / SOUNDTOUCH® WIRELESS LINK

Hello,

I have a Lifestyle V35 system in my mediaroom with a SA3 amplifier for another room. I can select on the SA3  my HDMI 1 (cable tuner) input or radio. Works perfect!

Is there a way to get music from my wireless soundtouch adaptor wich is connected to input 4/V35 with an optical cable on my SA3 amplifier?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Lifestyle V35 with SA3 amplifier / SOUNDTOUCH® WIRELESS LINK

Author Accepted Answer selected by timsamsony

Hi timsamsony,

Depending on what source you have set the link adapter up as on the Lifestyle, it will be either TV, or OTHER that you need to press. You may need to press the button more than once, as the Additional source button presses will cycle through devices with the same source button assignment. For example, if there are three TV sources (such as Cable, VCR and Apple TV) connected to inputs 1, 4, and 5, and the device connected to input 4 is playing, the next press of the TV button will switch to input 5. An addition press would select input 1.

The table below shows which sources are assigned to which buttons on your remote so you can check!

Remote sources.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jessie_O

Hey @timsamsony,

Thank you for your post!

Regarding your query, you will not be able to listen to your SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter on your SA3. This is due to the different families the two products come from and the ability to communicate with one another. 

If you have any further questions, please reach out to us again!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
timsamsony
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

It is a bit strange but when i connected everything yesterday, i did had music on my SA-3 from the optical input (SWL) on my V35. Don't know exactly why

But today when i turned the system back on, i can't get it back working again... only radio 😞

Is there really no possible configuration where the SA-3 can follow or mimic the V35? Maybe via the local input on the SA-3? Can you get an audio out signal from the V35?

Tim 

Vicky_W

@timsamsony, Sources connected with just a digital audio connection (coax, optical or HDMI) will only be heard in the expansion room if the main room is on and playing the same source. Such sources should also be connected with analog RCA connections to the same input so that it can be heard in the expansion room regardless of the main room source selection. Just to check, is the V35 powered on when you are trying to use the audio? Can I also please ask what remotes you have with the V35 and SA-3? There may be another option we can explore. If you don't know the names a couple of pictures would be great!

timsamsony
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

REMOTE BOSE TIM.jpg

v35 is powered on and also playing that source... which input do i choose on the remote from the expansion room?

Thanks

Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by timsamsony

Hi timsamsony,

Depending on what source you have set the link adapter up as on the Lifestyle, it will be either TV, or OTHER that you need to press. You may need to press the button more than once, as the Additional source button presses will cycle through devices with the same source button assignment. For example, if there are three TV sources (such as Cable, VCR and Apple TV) connected to inputs 1, 4, and 5, and the device connected to input 4 is playing, the next press of the TV button will switch to input 5. An addition press would select input 1.

The table below shows which sources are assigned to which buttons on your remote so you can check!

Remote sources.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know!

View solution in original post

timsamsony
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

No i do not get another source playing only radio. On my SWL i have only an optical output, so i also can't connect it directly to the Sa-3. 

Is there no possibility to get an audio out from the V35 or use a specific source? Or can i configure the SA-3 as extra amplifier (wich you would put in the same room).

timsamsony
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Sorry didn't read it well, missed the multiple pressing on the source select button...

It does work!

Thanks