Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Lip sync sound bar 700

I recently purchased sound bar 700 with Bass module 700. What is the best method to connect the sound bar to LG B9 tv. However when I connect through HDMI arc I am loosing bass and through Bluetooth I am getting lip sync issues even after setting AV sync on tv and audio delay on Bose music app. Pls help as it is getting frustrating after spending that much money still not satisfied. 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Lip sync sound bar 700

You definitely should use HDMI.  Go into your LG TV sound settings to adjust the sound sync.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Thanks for replying.

when I connect to HDMI arc I am loosing the bass remarkably. 
Lip sync issue occurs only over Bluetooth.

I have disabled 2.4 GHz network and only 5 GHz is enabled to reduce interference with Bluetooth coz it was not even listenable before.

I have tried doing the AV sync adjustment in TV sound settings already and also in Bose music app but it doesn’t helps as the audio is already delayed for like 2 seconds.

My HDMI settings is at pass through and have tried different settings but can’t resolve the Bass issue.

Firmware is updated recently both on soundbar and TV. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Can I get a solution to this problem ?

Highlighted

Hey @Enthu,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused - it's certainly not normal behavior.

As @Xyz987 correctly stated, we recommend connecting your soundbar with HDMI or optical cable, depending on what's possible.

If you choose to connect via Bluetooth, you may notice audio dropout or delay, possibly due to external interference.

To confirm, do you hear your TV audio play through your soundbar, when connected via HDMI? It's quite strange to hear you somehow lose bass when using this method.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Thanks for your reply Sam_F

As I already mentioned that I have disable 2.4GHz network on my modem so there is no chance of interference with external device as earlier when using 2.4 GHz network the output was really bad. 

Now I have tried all audio delay options in both Bose music app and TV audio settings but it makes it worse and the audio is already delayed. 

This is not acceptable not to use bluetooth function after spending that much amount on the system when local market devices work perfectly over bluetooth. 

Something needs to be done for bluetooth connectivity as there is no point being compromising after spending heaps.

When I go on HDMI earc the Bass loses the effects and is significantly reduced. 

So both Bluetooth and HDMI earc is not usable. 

I am using pass through feature when on HDMI and also using Digital Dolby instead of DB Plus as i read somewhere in your forum that bose 700 soundbar does not support DB plus.

Please suggest what is to be done to fix these issues. 

Highlighted

Thank you for your response Enthu. 

I think we need a bit more information from you to accurately advise you on the next steps. 

What are you connecting via Bluetooth to experience these delays?

I look forward to your response. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

If you read through the post, I am connecting LG B9 TV with Bose soundbar 700 and 700 Bass module. If u need any specific info let m know. 

Highlighted

Thank you, @Enthu

The reason I ask is that it is not clear from your responses if you are connecting to your TV with Bluetooth or you are connecting with a different device. Could you please confirm?

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Thanks for replying.

I am connecting my TV to sound bar 700 over Bluetooth when start getting lip sync issue. No additional device is on Bluetooth.