Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Losing power issues with CineMate 1 SR

I’ve had the CineMate 1SR for about 10 years and within the last 6 months it’s frequently lost the signal. Unable to control from the remote (no volume or power off or on. I’ve had to unplug and replug and it will work for a while  I’ve done a reset on the unit (Jan the manual by unplug the Acoustimass and the speaker and holding the reset button on the speaker. Any suggestion? The only place that will accept repairs is Bose in Toronto and they charge you before they even see the unit.

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Losing power issues with CineMate 1 SR

Hi @Frustration,

That sounds quite unusual. To confirm, your Cinemate 1SR is consistently powering off by itself? Or, is the remote no longer able to control the system properly, for function such as volume and power control?

If you're having remote issues, have you tried new batteries? If it's a power issue, have you tried plugging into a different power socket/outlet, or using a different cable, if possible?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Has the issue with your Cinemate 1SR been resolved?  I've owned my unit for about the same length of time and about two months ago started doing the exact same thing.  I can't change the volume or even power off the unit with the remote.  Resetting the unit works for a short time then it starts acting up again.  New batteries in the remote doesn't help.

I've gone back to using the tv's speakers.  I can't afford to replace the unit right now.

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Cinemate 1SR. 

It's possible, in your case, that there is a fault with the remote, causing phantom presses. You may be able to resolve this by seeking a replacement remote from Bose support. If the problem continues after replacing the remote, please discuss your options for service with local support.

All the best,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!